Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worry about work.  (Read 134 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Worry about work.
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:30:32 AM »
I really hate the fact that the day before (if I have off) that I return to work, I will sit and worry all day about what will happen at work. Now today I go in after my lovely boss hasn't given me any hours for a week and I am a mess!

I feel like its stupid to sit and worry but there is nothing I can figure out how to change it. Help anyone?
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worry about work.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »
Hi Kissa...

There is an old adage that states if you are depressed, you are living in the past, if you are anxious, you are living in the future, and if you are at peace, you are living in the present...

There is nothing wrong with "planning" an aspect of one's life, but when we "project" instead of plan, we are seeing outside the present into a future that has yet to be created.  Thoughts that focus on a negative future will create anxiety and our fears will feed our fears in a loop of perpetual anxiety.  I know that it is not easy to do, but try your best to live in this moment, and don't project.

Another thing that you can do is replace negative thinking with positive thinking.  When a negative thought enters your mind, replace it with a positive one.  This is one of the teachings of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  I am scheduled to begin CBT in about two weeks.  You might consider investigating CBT too.

As always, the very best to you, Kissa!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: