Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Question For the Ladies- starting to panic..  (Read 250 times)

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question For the Ladies- starting to panic..
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »
Hi everyone, I've posted a few times here about my little problem with an ongoing, watery, clear discharge. I finally got the nerve up to go to patient first where they did a swab which showed BV and I am taking Flagyl now which has cleared up most all of the symptoms except I still have a small amount of watery discharge. Today is Friday and I will take my last pill Sunday morning.
I've heard that Flagyl ( or any antibiotic) can give you a yeast infection but this isn't that type of discharge.. It's not chunky ( sorry if TMI ) it's literally like water so I'm pretty sure it's not yeast.
I was so happy that I finally got the nerve to go to the Dr and find out that this was a simple " girlie " infection but now I'm starting to get a little worried. I have my first Gyno appointment in years coming up on the 23rd which I'm scared to death of.. But I was wondering if anyone else had an experience like this??
If it helps, I am 45 and pretty sure I am in perimenopause.
Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question For the Ladies- starting to panic..
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
I had a watery discharge like that for FOUR months (like you said, just like water).  It was even itchy!  I went to the gyno HOPING it was an infection or irritation, but they found nothing at all and it just cleared up on its own.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »
I am like 100 percent sure that this is totally normal, you had BV, they gave you an antibiotic, BV is better. Don't worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
Remember, some discharge is normal. It just means that your vagina is doing its job and cleansing itself! You said you're pretty sure you're in perimenopause - that could be all that's going on. Your hormones are going nutty and readjusting, and so your discharge is changing. That's perfectly normal. You had BV, which exacerbated the discharge, and made it seem a lot more extreme, but now you've been on the meds, and the discharge has gotten better - so now you're probably just seeing the bit of discharge that's due to the perimenopause.

Now, it IS possible that the infection isn't completely cleared. At this point, it probably isn't because you said you stil have a few more days of the Flagyl. Just keep taking it and see if it clears up after you're done with everything. It's also possible that you may have to go on a longer dose of antibiotics. That has happened to me. I had funky discharge, was diagnosed with BV, took a week of Flagyl, and still had a little tiny bit of funky discharge - so they put me on Flagyl for 2 more weeks just to be on the safe side. You could ask your GYN to do a swab and test and see if it's cleared up.

Clear, watery discharge generally isn't a cause for alarm. When I got BV, it was a yeast/BV combo, which is just.... awful.

So, in summary, this could just be your body's natural change. If you're still worried and it's still occurring after you finish the meds, have your GYN do a swab.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help. I suppose I may just be impatient since I do have a few more days to go.

I know a watery discharge could be a sign of something more serious which is why my HA seems to be in over drive right now and I'm terrified of my upcoming Pap smear since I have neglected to have one in so long. I'm just a bundle of nerves and coming to all the bad conclusions first!

Quick question. When I had the swab to check for BV, the Dr did a quick internal exam. Do you think she would have mentioned if she felt anything weird? I told her about my fear of Drs and tests and that I had requested an appointment with a Gyn ( at that time, I didn't have an actual appointment set) Just wondering if something horrible would have been readily visible when she had me opened up with the speculum?
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 94
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
What do you think could be wrong, exactly? What else is watery discharge a sign of? Doctors are not in the habit of seeing horrible things and then hiding it from patients.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 03:43:36 PM »
Just to be clear, the Dr I saw was at Patient First. I have an appointment with a Gynecologist in 7 days.

I'm not a "googler" but some of the information I have come across in various forums suggests that a watery discharge could be a sign of Cervical C.

I am not suggesting that the Dr. was " hiding something" I was just curious if I had a serious issue, she would have noticed something during my exam.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 03:48:52 PM »
Clear, watery discharge is not generally a sign of something terrible. That's not the type of discharge that you get when something is really wrong. You're more likely to bleed or get dark discharge than clear, watery discharge. This type of discharge is actually pretty ideal so long as it's odorless.
Watery vaginal discharge is extremely common and is usually an indicator that there is a good balance of healthy bacteria and yeast in the vagina.
If watery vaginal discharge smells foul or is discolored, it can be an indication of a problem.
You said yours is clear, and you didn't mention an odor - so it sounds like this is not something to be very worried about! I've been through this fear. Last year I had an abnormal PAP and lived in terror of every little way my discharge changed. Clear and watery is not too concerning.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 04:17:54 PM »
That was extremely helpful, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posts!

Like I said, I don't google because it makes matters worse.. I tend to hang out on message boards where I can get "real-time" experiences from real people but I do believe I never actually saw the word "clear" before "discharge" so there I was, jumping to conclusions once again.

I really do appreciate your help!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: