Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New to board... GAD  (Read 113 times)

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to board... GAD
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »
Hi! I found this site in my online searching about anxiety as I do often. I am a 30 year old mom of
2 boys 6 and 2 ... About 4
Years ago I had my first panic attack and it's been a struggle ever since. I am terrified of dying while my kids are small and I'll miss out
On their lives or they won't remember me. I was on medication for a while and it helped tremendously but I gained 30lbs and thought i was so good I could come off them. Then a few months later it has returned. I try to tell myself after being fine for so long on meds that all this physical sensations I get is my anxiety and I'm fine. Some days are better than others .... Some days I don't wanna move from the
Couch. Anyone else doing this without meds? Also was thinking of trying panic away? Anyone else try it? Just trying to face it head on instead of letting it rule me. Although sometimes it's very challenging!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to board... GAD
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:52:09 AM »
One of the biggest fears of a lot of people with anxiety is loss. Be it of family members and loved ones or even themselves. First thing we should remember is we are not mad. Nor will we ever be mad. We are all highly intelligent people with a small problem called anxiety. The one thing I believe in is exposure therapy. Facing up to the fears. Fact is they might make you feel bad, but they can't seriously harm you. They are just a series of bad feelings and bad thoughts. Most of which we feed and make them become even stronger. It could all begin with you in a certain mood that is not good. Then you get a thought as yo why you are in this mood and then you react to this thought. You reaction brings on your symptoms. They are all entwined together. A knock on effect. If you can change the thought or the reaction the rest will fall into place for you. I am not saying it is easy. It can take time and hard work. You simply have to believe in yourself. That you can do this. Be ready to accept the odd setback along the road. They do happen. But we just have to get back up and continue to push forward. Taken it on face to face. Like saying ' you are never going to beat me '. No matter how bad you may feel, there is always a road back.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to board... GAD
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 11:48:56 AM »
Thanks for your advice! Today is kind of a bad day. I started an
Antibiotic yesterday and read side effects and got
All paranoid even though I've taken this pill before. Didn't sleep well. Woke up a
Few times trembling. Which seems to happen when I take a new
Med. I don't know if it's me panicking during sleep or what... I
Also was taking klonopin .5 for a month and am tapering off. I know a month isn't long but
I didn't wanna just stop.. Some days I say I can do this on my own and others I wanna go on meds...such
A mind battle
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Tags: