Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: IBS and GERD- (debilitating?))  (Read 215 times)

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
IBS and GERD- (debilitating?))
« on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:46 AM »
Does anyone here suffer from debilitating GI issues? I have been having acid reflux on and off for six months now but in the past few weeks it has gotten TERRIBLE, as well as IBS symptoms such as cramping, weird bms, and general stomach pains. I went to my GI doc who did an abdominal ultrasound, some bloodwork, and an upper endoscopy and he said everything was fine except mild gastritis and duodenitis. Here is the thing I am still TERRIFIED of pancreatic cancer ( of course). I keep telling myself once the stomach issues resolve, than I will not be worried any more, but they are not going away! Can my anxiety be making them worse? I feel like the GI doc was quick to dismiss my fears, he would have followed up more if there was something suspicious on the bloodwork or ultrasound correct? Who else has GI issues that get worse with anxiety? Some reassurance would be great as well as just general info on how you deal with GI issues without going all out into the worst case scenario.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: IBS and GERD- (debilitating?))
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »
Eek, I hate when nobody comments! Makes me think the worst! :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: IBS and GERD- (debilitating?))
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »
I will put my hand up as someone with GI issues made worse by anxiety.

I have had GERD for about 14 years.  It can be pretty debilitating....and has nothing to do with the Pancreas. 

I recently had a bout of gastritis...lsot about 20 pounds.  Endoscopy, and other tests ordered...like you I feared the worse and started to look at PC as the cause. But my doctor assured me if I had PC, there would be some obvious signs like pain in my back, and color changes in urine and BM's taht would have made her look further.

It seems you have had an ultrasound too which they would have seen if things looked enlarged....sounds like everything is all good.

Worrying about it only makes me think a grumbling stomach is something more than just being hungry and stomach pain is more than just gas.

In the end, Dr's want to make you feel better.  If anything in the multitude of tests or visits suggested the worst case, they would have investigated it.

Hope that helps a little.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: