Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Flying, when to take the klonopin?  (Read 186 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Flying, when to take the klonopin?
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
Flying tomorrow and been getting panic attacks at night. I just got a pescription for 1 mg of Klonopin which I noticed works quickly, so I'm wondering when to take it tomorrow? Should I take it when I get up? An hour before the plane or should I wait until I get anxious. My issue is its a four hour flight and I don't want to be a zombie when it's over.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 85
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Flying, when to take the klonopin?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »
I just got a pescription for 1 mg of Klonopin which I noticed works quickly, so I'm wondering when to take it tomorrow? Should I take it when I get up? An hour before the plane or should I wait until I get anxious. My issue is its a four hour flight

Klonopin reaches peak plasma levels in 1-4 hours, but most get maximum results within 2-2.5 hours, so take it at least 2.5 hours before takeoff, or earlier if you need some support for the trip to the airport which is the most dangerous part of the journey by far. Klonopin has a long half-life, up to 50 hours so it will easily last the length of the flight and probably well into tomorrow night too.

and I don't want to be a zombie when it's over

You could find it sedating so don't take more than prescribed unless you really need it. And definitely don't drink alcohol.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 07:55:26 AM »
Thanks I don't drink.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hikingchik63

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Content
    Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
I did fine with 1/2 of a .5mg klonopin for my flight, but I take .5mg daily so its always in my bloodstream. It works well, good luck.
Bookmark and Share
"Frame your mind to mirth and merriment which bars a thousand harms and lengthens life."--Shakespeare

Tags: klonopin Flying