Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Taking new medicine  (Read 85 times)

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Taking new medicine
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:50:18 PM »
Anyone else have to take new medicine in a hospital ER parking lot because they are so terrified of an allergic reaction? Then I take it and immediately have a panic attack which confuses me and makes me think I'm having an allergic reaction.

I made a post earlier about being a bit thankful for my HA for making me make smart and healthy choices but now I am sitting here struggling to take Prilosec even though my doctor told me to. I have slipped into a depression, haven't slept all day even though I work tonight, and now I feel absolutely miserable, defeated, and feel myself slipping further into depression.

I have to go to work too or I can't afford the bills this month. This would all be okay if I could just take the damn pill. Force it down my throat without choking it back up or feeling like I'm about to die the second it gets down my throat.

Sorry to rant. I just hate myself sometimes. I hate the way I am.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Taking new medicine
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »
Be easy on yourself. This is actually very normal for someone with HA. If it makes you feel better to sit in an ER parking lot the first time you take your medicine so what? Who is it hurting? Nobody. You need to take your medicine. Being scared is okay. Not taking your medicine is not and neither is being so hard on yourself. I bet you will be just fine.
Bookmark and Share