Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What do you guys think could be causing this?!?!  (Read 274 times)

Offline sctt033

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What do you guys think could be causing this?!?!
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:23:09 PM »
So on the 30th of December I took off from my job, I got some bad news from my job and I became extremely angry but I let it roll off my chest later that day. That night I couldnt sleep at all, next day I didnt sleep at all, I tried zzzquil and a muscle relaxer and I slept after that I couldnt sleep at all again, if I did it would be about 3 -4 hours, then some days none at all, then I tried unizone which worked and put me to sleep but Id wake up then go back to sleep and sleep for about 5 hours, so far this week id been leaving all sleeping aids alone since sunday and been sleeping but I would sleep at 12:00 wake up at like 1:30 fall back asleep and wake up any where from 6:50 to 7:30 during the week.

I feel refreshed when awaken like I dont need to fall back asleep but during the day I feel drowsy or a little tired which wears off after I have coffee or during the evening. I dont snore, when I do wake up during the night I really have no issues falling back sleep 10-15 mins after waking up, I dont have to pee.

Do you guys just think that after the bad couple of weeks dealing with insomnia my body is just trying to go back to getting use to itsself again and its gonna take a bit?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: What do you guys think could be causing this?!?!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:48:11 AM »
I think the bad news set things in motion. You went to bed with a head full of thoughts. That could have kept you awake. Once you deal with what is going in within your mind, be it anger or whatever, you should be to get back to normal again. Just stay in bed. Try and remain relaxed. In time you will be back to sleeping regular once more.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline aardvark

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What do you guys think could be causing this?!?!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »
One of the most useful things you can do is keep a sleep diary. Mine made me realise that the narrative I had been constructing that my ability to sleep was gradually ebbing away, leading me to worry about SFI was completely wrong. In fact, my sleep is pretty consistent and I'm suffering from a combination of mild-to-moderate insomnia and severe Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. I go to bed at 2am and fall asleep between 4am and 6.30am and I wake up between 10.30am and 12.30pm. On a bad night, I sleep around four hours and on a good night around seven. It's not great, and taking hours to fall asleep is stressful and frustrating, but it's an adequate amount of sleep on which to function.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: