Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anyone else have issues with loud noises??  (Read 171 times)

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anyone else have issues with loud noises??
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »
Ok my anxiety has been bad for 1 1/2 yrs....if anyone remembers me i was a single mom of two, hairdresser that got out of abusive relationship of 5 yrs. Short back ground lol...so its been high for a long time...its starting to calm down but NOW at work......any burst of loud laughter, a baby crying, screaming, my clippers coming unplugged mid cut and it makes that loud electrical popping noise, etc...scares the crap out of me and i immedialty feel dizzy, back of head pressure and like i may pass out..its like i have noo tolerance for any type of stress anymore...

Anyone else feel this????

Thank u
Bookmark and Share
~The one big bummer about reality is.....there's no awesome background music~

Offline Dje

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone else have issues with loud noises??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:29:49 AM »
Anxiety definitely puts your body in hyper alert mode. Years ago when I developed a chronic headache disorder the chronic stress, worry, anxiety from it resulted in me being very sensitive to loud noises. Same as you, children screaming, dogs barking, etc. It felt like the sound was going through my spine. So uncomfortable.

Fortunately the headache went away after 13 months. Still, if my anxiety level is high I experience sensitivity to loud noises. I can also startle easily, which is a tell-tale symptom of anxiety. I also get a 2-3 second wave sensation in my head/body, like the one you get when you were a kid and did something wrong or that feeling you get when you suddenly realize that you forgot something really important.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:33:22 AM »
Hunnie - Its probably your "flight or fight" kicking in. 

I also get a 2-3 second wave sensation in my head/body, like the one you get when you were a kid and did something wrong or that feeling you get when you suddenly realize that you forgot something really important.

I love your description - that is exactly how my to describe the start of my panic attacks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »
Yeah ive got the chronic headache, head pressure, vertigo, superr tight neck and back muscles from it...it just scares mw more when i get so startled my head feels weird andi feel faint or confused....then i get even more freaked cause im standing then cutting aomeones hair and have to finish so thats more pressure added.....and i guess your right kinda like when your a kid and you get caught being bad..its an extreme terror feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 01:03:30 PM »
sound moves as waves through air. So when sound changes, the pressure against your ear drum changes. For people with headaches and vertigo and anxiety issues, this change triggers the vertigo burst and that triggers the anxiety.

Once you start getting really anxious and tense up, this will happen over and over again. I get it all the time and its miserable. Like a combination of annoyance, pain and fear, none of which i can actually describe meaningfully.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
Your right and this has been my main issues for a long time now..i can actually feel it tick off my ears to say it nicely.....i hate tho when i get so anxious and feel detached....then i worry im losing my mind....like i cant think straight....i had anxiery this bad once bedore but i was a stay at home mom so could hide out and it centered around feeling like i coulsnt breathe....sometimes i wish i had that one back again
Bookmark and Share

Tags: