Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: The writings of Thich Nhat Hanh  (Read 404 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The writings of Thich Nhat Hanh
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:19:35 AM »
Has anyone read any books by this man? He is a Buddhist monk who has several books involving various aspects of life and how to incorporate mindfulness and meditation. I am currently reading Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child. To be honest I wasn't won over immediately, the first couple chapters were a touch too metaphorical for me. But as it progressed, I think I really like his style. Some good insights that I intend to journal on later. I also have another book of his "Work". If I like that one as well, I may continue on to read a few more of his books. We'll see. But the ideas of his just really speak to me. I was wondering what your thoughts were. He was actually nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize once by none other than Martin Luther King Jr.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: The writings of Thich Nhat Hanh
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
Oh he is a gem of a human being in many ways. Was first introduced to him in the meditation thread, then got his book The Miracle of Mindfulness and just recently read his book Walking Meditation plus DVD from the library.

He is a Vietnamese Buddhist monk who could probably cure the world of evil. So nice that you mention him, thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mommabear

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:15:41 PM »
I have a couple of his books as well  :yes: I actually purchased them after a poster here on AZ mentioned him. I agree he is a gem of a human being  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »
The master of mindfulness.  He is the real deal.  I very prolific writer.  Currently reading and using his book, "Fear. Essential Wisdom For Getting Through the Storm."
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy131

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »
love love love him. master of mindfulness. he teaches you how to stay in the moment, which for us anxiety sufferers, is a big freaking deal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lost_Loki

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Laugh it off
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 02:16:32 AM »
So far, I've only read 'Peace is Every Breath', but I love it; I've read it several times over and it's helped me so much.  I'd love to get more of his works.
Bookmark and Share
The amount of happiness you have is equal to the amount of freedom you have in your heart - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline rianimal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 09:58:21 PM »
He is amazing.   My heritage is Vietnamese also and my mother introduced me to him when I was having a hard time a few years ago.  His words are so calming and empowering.  If you haven't heard of him be sure to check him out!  It will be worth it!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: