Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ovarian Cyst- Freaking out over good news?  (Read 360 times)

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ovarian Cyst- Freaking out over good news?
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:08 PM »
Hey everyone. I have had horrible health anxiety for the past six months but recently it has taken a turn for the extreme. I have been having crazy GI and female issues so I decided to have a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound done, as well as an abdominal ultrasound. Abdominal ultrasound was normal but the others showed I had 'half inch follicular cysts in both ovaries' naturally I am FREAKING OUT, but my mother who is a physician is telling me these are nothing to worry about. Can an ultrasound detect if a cyst is benign or malignant? I don't see the GYN for another week and I do not know how I am going to last....
Also does anyone else have a total loss of appetite/nausea during times of high anxiety? Please help
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ovarian Cyst- Freaking out over good news?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:28:07 PM »
Please don't worry about this! Ultrasound IS the way they tell what kind of a cyst it is. Follicular cysts form each month during a woman's cycle, some don't dissolve right away.
I'm surprised that your mom didn't explain why you shouldn't worry.
These 99% of the time go away without you even knowing you had one.
Yes, loss of appetite and nausea is normal, but you shouldn't be this anxious about your cysts, really!!
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline ~justme~

• End~ of the ~Rainbow
  • Rec's: 2
  • ~ love me for who I am ~
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:56:06 AM »
I thought it was just me going through this. I went to the ER Sunday night with sever pain lower right side.. Initial diagnosis was appendicitis.. After further testing and ultrasound( both topical and trans) I had a cyst on my right ovary that ruptured and they seen one on my left ovary that has yet to rupture.. So I go in to my female doc and now I have to wait 2 weeks for results and I'm freaked. Wondering if it's gonna b abnormal or not plus dealing with indigestion among other things.. HA is through the roof. While I'm sure we will both b ok, I understand how u feel....
Bookmark and Share
*End of the rainbow~

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
I have horrible indigestion too! It is hard to disconnect the two, I always think my different 'ailments' are linked with some horrible underlying cause... thanks though ceh1354 for your answer, it has been nice to reassure myself that an ultrasound is the way they see the type of cyst, and I am assuming if it was anything to worry about I wouldn't just be given a 'your fine'.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »
That's right. I'll tell you what happened to me. My GYN felt that my ovary was enlarged. She told me that most of these cysts are completely functional, and nothing to worry about. She told me she thought mine was also, but sent me for an ultrasound, just to be thorough. I had been having pain for several weeks. So I went for the ultrasound, and the one cyst he was looking for was gone, but I had one on the other side that I didn't feel at all. The Dr. performing the ultrasound told me the same thing about cysts.

By the way, it's it normal for acid and indigestion to amp up during anxious times. Mine does.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Tags: