Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor symptoms vs anxiety symptoms  (Read 841 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor symptoms vs anxiety symptoms
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:12:11 PM »
So my brain tumor fear has really kicked in to high gear this past week.  I don't know whether I should try and make an appointment with a neurologist or not.  My family says NO...these symptoms are anxiety/stress related.  My anxiety-driven gut says YES...rule out brain tumor.

Here are my symptoms:
Pressure in my face (going on 3 months now)---ENTs CT scan said NO sinus issues; ENT said there was nothing medically wrong with me.
Eyes feel "tight" and tired (1 week)
Pressure headache on top of my head (1 week)--doesn't fully go away with OTC meds which is worrying me.  Mostly gone at night though.

DH is on a 2 week business trip that I've been dreading for months, and now after he left is when most of these "pressure" type of symptoms came on.  My family says wait until he gets home to see if some of these goes away. 

So are these brain tumor symptoms or anxiety/stress?  Should I see a neuro or would it be a waste of money and just increase my HA (if an MRI came up clear I'd just find some other deadly thing this could be).  Would a CT sinus scan show effects of a brain tumor in those areas?

I'm such a mess.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor symptoms vs anxiety symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:54 PM »
Sounds like tension headaches. When you stress, the muscles in your neck and face tighten up. Not a doctor but that is for sure what it sounds like to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:18:49 PM »
Can tension headaches last for days?  Weeks?

My brother says that's what I have and some people can have them daily for months.  Never heard of such a thing though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 04:11:50 AM »
I've had one sided pressure/headache, left side tingling and numbness for over a year. clear CT 2 years ago
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »
Tension. It's also sounding like it's coming on because of that trip you said you dreaded. It is your body acting out the feelings you have inside. It can go on for quite a long time because the source is your feelings, and your feelings and mind can make your body produce symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:36:47 PM »
Yes, DH's trip is truly causing stress and tension.  He's in a dangerous area and can't communicate easily.  So of course I spend the days imagining the worst until I get an email or text from him. 

I was told that even when he gets home it could take awhile for the head pressure, etc. to go away because it's been building for so long. 

Tonight's been better than the past few nights, but it's definitely still there...trying to focus on these symptoms being a result of tension and stress and NOT a tumor.  I would think after 3 months of this, a tumor would have started to create worse or different symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 10:40:36 AM »
Okay, so I slept REALLY well last night for the first time in weeks--but still have this head pressure across my nose/eyes/cheeks and a bit on top of my head.   I can't figure out what is wrong with me.  Can stress truly cause all of this???  I was feeling really good last night, and the stress/anxiety feelings aren't there today.  But this pressure still is.  So now the brain tumor worry is back :(

Help????
Bookmark and Share

Tags: