Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help - Lightheadedness For Months  (Read 183 times)

Offline jfs85

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help - Lightheadedness For Months
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
Hello... I just registered tonight and find this forum full of information.  I hope can find someone experiencing the same agony and torture I am feeling

I have lightheadedness from the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to bed.  I constantly have a feeling of swaying when I walk and have eye floaters when I am outside or looking at a computer screen.  It seems to be worse when I am at work and improves when I go to the gym or sit down and watch TV after a hot shower.  However, I have been like this for almost 6 months and never had a break from it.  Other people experience bouts or panic attacks.... it is constant for me.

Yes... I have been tested for everything....Through the mill.  In the beginning I was hospitalized for 5 days thinking I had a heart condition.  EKG, stress test, stress echo, cardiac MRI and ultimately a cardiac catheterization. They performed a cardiac catheterization because I was complaining of chest pain and my stress and stress echo tests came back "inconclusive." Fortunately, nothing was found... not a heart problem.  Blood pressure is controlled through medication.  All types of blood work... everything normal. The cardiologist suggested that I see a GI doctor.

So on to the ENT doctor.... performed an MRI of the brain and sinus passages... again, all came back negative.  Onto the neurologist with the advice from my internist.. I was convinced I had MS.  He performed some tests and said I was fine.  He explained to me that I was too stressed at not breathing correctly and that I should "belly" breathe and start having fun again.  His last words were "I doubt I will ever see you gain."

On to the eye doctor... 20/20 vision.  She stated it can be normal to get floaters... but if they get worse, I should come see her again.  (Detached retina... I don't think so.  Floaters started when the lightheaded feeling said "hello.")

So here I am back to my internist... he put me on Prozac... that did not work.  He suggested Lexapro... we started and 5mg and went up to 30mg.  I felt the same.  He suggest that I see a therapist and perhaps try a different medication...  Not too sure if I want to go that route.  I am not convinced medication is the answer.  So that's where I am right now along with visiting a chiropractor to help relief the neck tension. 

Nothing is helping!!! Not even breathing exercises.  I cannot shake this feeling of lightheadedness.  Each day is torture for me. Is this GAD???  Stress?  Anxiety?

I am not convinced that GAD can last for 6 months.  Sure... I worry about money... health and family.  Who doesn't.  I have a son with ADHD that stresses me out every day.  And yes, my marriage takes a lot of effort. Plus, I have a negative cash flow every month that requires me to withdraw money out of the bank to live.

I am at wits end... I cannot enjoy life anymore.  No one understands this torture... Not even my wife.

Stress can do this????  Anxiety?

Am I alone feeling like this???

I look around and everyone is enjoying life.  I am not asking for much... I just want to have a normal day again.

Will this ever end?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help - Lightheadedness For Months
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:42:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline LynnC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »
Jfa85 I too have a very similar story. I've been lightheaded/dizzy for 6 months as well. The dizziness (and ear ringing) came about after a highly stressful event and an antibiotic use (not sure what caused the ear ringing). I've been though lots of tests and my next test will be a vng at the end of feb to determine if the dizziness is more of an inner ear problem or a neurological one. I too am on lexapro 10mg for 3 months now. I've been on 10mg for 5 weeks now...slowly upping the dose over the past few months. My dizziness hasn't improved though. Many docs think the dizziness/lightheadedness is due to anxiety and depression...I just have a hard time accepting this is anxiety (I can accept it more I'd I could measure it like I get dizzy/lightheaded in certain situations but mine is 24/7. My psychiatrist says it might be related and once the depression and anxiety are under control th dizziness should fade away...I'm still waiting. I somewhat thing it's related to my ears due to the tinnitus...who knows. Have you tried vestibular therapy yet? It's very frustrating...I never feel with it and feel like I sway and am always fuzzy headed. It is definitely hard for people to understand this as well. Feel free to message me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline onegooddayx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
Im the same way :( been since October.  I've had good days and bad but mostly bad. I know its due to anxiety,  but I cannot seem to get it under control.  Good luck! :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: GAD lightheadedness