Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Female troubles...SCARED.  (Read 284 times)

Offline Theresa73

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Female troubles...SCARED.
« on: January 15, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
My name is Theresa and I will be 41 in February. I have suffered anxiety my whole life, but my health anxiety immobilizs me and affects my life, sleep and diet. When I go through any issue I will lay in bed, refuse to eat and I can't sleep to boot! The most recent issue is female issues. I missed 2 periods and last July I finally got it. I was thrilled until it wouldn't stop. 15 days later going through a super plus hourly or every 2 I want to urgent care w a high pulse. I was anemic. Long story shorter.. Lol....regular dr thought it was stress related due to a lot of stress I had been having w mother. She put me on mononessa for 3 mos to reset cycle. Nov had pretty normal period, then Dec started on time and was normal...just wouldn't stop. So went to Obgyn. She says she thinks its hormones changing and did a TV ultrasound, and blood test to check thyroid and hormone. The ultrasound shows one small 5mm cyst on 1 ovary, and lining in uterus thicker than she thought it should be based on cycle. I was bleeding at appt, but by the ultrasound I had ceased bleeding (on my own, no hormones given). I had the ultrasound Monday and had stopped bleeding the sat before. Anyway, she feels its nothing and said she was "not impressed' with the ultrasound, but I am  MESS! Biopsy tomorrow and I'm so scared, I can't eat, sleep and my head and eyes hurt. Worst yet today was my first day in COLLEGE! I missed it!!! I have been SO excited and I am on the verge of dropping til this is over. Any help, or people going through this is much needed. Anything. I feel SO alone :( Sick of my anxiety over health rule and ruin my life :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Female troubles...SCARED.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »
I know how you feel Theresa! My health anxiety was kicked into HIGH gear b/c I got an U/S due to bleeding issues. Then an MRI, then just last week I got an endometrial biopsy. All benign issues going on thank God. I'm sure the same will be true for you. The biopsy isn't so bad, I got my results w/i 2 days. If you have any questions just let me know. Keep us updated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:22 PM »
It sounds like you might have PCOS. It's annoying but not fatal. Also as I get older (I'm 42), my periods have gotten heavier.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Theresa73

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
Thank you :) the biopsy wasn't so bad. I was fine. Its the waiting that is so awful. Trying to keep my drs words in my head from yesterdays appt..."if I thought it was anything, I'd tell you. This is very common in women your age, and I honestly feel its nothing." She is amazing and I like her. I was literally crying and she was so patient. Anyway, they said about 7 days...so I will keep you posted. Thanks for your reply, I do feel so alone :( hypochondria stinks :( I'm gonna start therapy soon, so hoping to get it under control.
Bookmark and Share