Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Been Here for a While...  (Read 89 times)

Offline HeatherJoy11

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Been Here for a While...
« on: January 15, 2014, 12:36:07 PM »
But have never formally introduced myself. My name is Heather, I am 39 and live in Virginia. I have 2 boys - 11 and 18. I am newly remarried.

I have been a chronic worrier since I was a child. I clearly remember worrying about my loved ones dying or myself, and I would obsess about horrible things, like natural disasters or car accidents or diseases.
Health Anxiety has definitely been with me for a long time.

I have worried myself into panic attacks over anything and everything, scouring the internet for hours looking at symptoms and worst case scenarios. I have worried about heart attacks, lymphoma, meningitis, Stevens Johnson syndrome, blood clots, aneurysms, you name it....I have at one time worried about it. And ultimately, HA ruined my first marriage. My ex husband was chronically depressed and add this to it, we were a mess. He took "care" of me while I was in these deep, dark places in my mind with Health Anxiety, instead of being with him and my kids.

I have come to this board a lot. I have read many messages, looked for reassurance. I'm so tired of this crap. As soon as I think I'm better, I'm plunged into something else.

I truly want to help other people through this forum and hope that in some way, it helps me too. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Been Here for a While...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything