Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mucussy stool or worse?  (Read 342 times)

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Mucussy stool or worse?
« on: January 15, 2014, 07:05:33 AM »
Hi there.

Just a quick question. I am currently having a bit of a freeak out about a possible malabsorption issue. For several months I have had what I assumed was IBS. My stools are often soft and sometimes kinda greasy looking sausages (sorry tmi). It didn't occur to me to actually worry about these. however, I have recently started worrying I am losing weight (I don't weigh myself so this could simply be percieved weight loss...my wife doesn't think there is anything wrong). However, those greasy looking stools have me scared it is Steathorrea. I am being tested for Thyroid issues but what I am curious about is whether sticky looking well formed stools might equate to mucus stools and not fatty ones.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happenstance

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mucussy stool or worse?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »
Only a doctor can diagnose you. It does sound related to your IBS, IBS can cause some really nasty stools, but you really need to see a doctor and your doctor may order something called a flexible sigmoidoscopy to view the first part of your colon to check for things like colitis, parasites (some parasites can cause stool changes, check stool for anything that 'wiggles' as you may have round or thread worms) and inflammation of the bowel or at worst a small polyp which they will remove during the scope.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: