Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety vent....  (Read 139 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety vent....
« on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
The proverbial "They" say that depression and anxiety are very selfish problems. Um, I'd like to say that its not that way for everyone. I don't remember the last time when something has been just about me!

Mom used to say I had "a pain of the night". Well mother, maybe that was my way of trying to get some decent attention. I have this memory, or at least I think its a memory, of my wonderful grandmother informed me at approx age 10 that I should know my brother is the favorite. Gee... thanks for that wonderful statement!

Now, I am married. And no matter how much I hurt, how sad I am, or how anxious I am, he ALWAYS finds a way to "top" me. My hips and back hurts, then his whole body hurts. He wants me to tell him what makes me anxious, but I can't be 100% honest with him simply because he will either find something to top me, or think I'm being anxious over nothing.

I also now work with a drama queen. Every week at approx thursday, friday, or saturday, she is finding an excuse to get the poor me going on... whether its needing to go home early because she/one of the kids are sick, her and her bf are breaking up AGAIN or some other random idea she makes up.

Just once, one day, one hour, one minute can it please be about me?!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety vent....
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:25:03 PM »
Hi Kissa...

It is about you...  This post that you wrote, is about you.  I took that minute that you requested, and I read it.  And when I was finished, I read it again.

I sense your emotions; I understand your pain.  And if you need to share more than a minute with me, more than what is in this post, you are welcome to send me a "PM".  And I will listen to you and your problems, because you are you, and you are special...

The very best to you, always Kissa...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: