Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm New to Forum  (Read 74 times)

Offline SirWorriesAlot

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm New to Forum
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »
Hi all! I am new here, just registered.  I seemed to have developed a pretty decent anxiety disorder as a result of a recent illness.  The illness turned out to be chronic sinusitis which has been treated and now under control but I had also been told I may have had a salivary gland tumor at the time and a head and neck CT scan was ordered.  The scan only showed the sinus issue (obviously relieved!) and the ENT / Surgeon said"unequivocally no other issues".  Ever since then however I am preoccupied with illnesses I most likely do not have ranging from from liver disease and pancreatic issues etc etc etc .  These thoughts consume me and I have been pretty anxious over the past two months.  I've been seen by my GP as well as his partner multiple times and my physical and all blood test are completely normal.  They also felt my liver specifically and concluded I am a pretty healthy 50 year old guy but do need to lose about 25lbs.  I do drink on occssion but have not recently.  My BP is always pretty good 128 / 78, pulse 65 (and this is in Dr office).  My BP was quite high during anxiety bouts.  I run 3-4 miles, 3-4 days a week at a good pace and despite my anxiety feel pretty good.  So what the H*LL is my issue??? My GP wants to put me on Lexapro but so far I have refused and have treated the severe panic attacks with small doses of Xanax (meant to be a bridge while starting Lexapro).  BTW - I now think I am addicted to Xanax even thought I have only taken a dozen .5mg pills over a 2 1/2 week period because I read on the internet how additive they are.

Deep down I do believe there is nothing seriously wrong with me except my inability to shake my anxiety as a result of being a hypochondriac.  I also started some CBT therapy sessions.  Looking for advice from experience...  Thanks!  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:49:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: