Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: viewing people weirdly  (Read 195 times)

Offline higha123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
viewing people weirdly
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »
Does anyone else feel altered sense of reality like mines. ..I look at people and it's like I don't even see people as people anymore. My thoughts are: I think we are just bodies with souls in them and we are so light weight and delicate. It's like I detach people from their own self/bodies when I look at anyone. I sometimes think how did I get in my body and like how did I get in this one and not a different one. It is definitely an altered perception of reality.  This is the most scariest symptom of anxiety ever!! I am thinking this may be related to my fear of dying. Then I wonder what a person is like inside their body and like how they are feeling. This is the best way I can explain it. I know this sounds extremely crazy and these thoughts seems like I have really fallen off my rocker. I am doing good with my anxiety.  The panic attacks have seized but now it's just these scary scary scary thoughts and disconnecting. Then when I have these thoughts I feel that funny feeling at the bottom of my stomach.   I go back to my counselor this week and it's been 8 weeks since I been and these thoughts didn't start until after a few weeks went by that I didn't see her.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: viewing people weirdly
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
Sometimes, when there is long interval between visits with counselors, symptoms start to regain strength . . . perhaps when you see your counselor, discuss strategies that you can use to take you over the period of time between visits . . . . at the very least, you probably need to try distraction . . . you are trying to solve metaphysical questions that do not have an answer such as how did I get into this body and not a different one . . . . reflection, in general, is not bad as it helps us to decide right from wrong, ethical from not ethical, etc. but your type of reflection is sending you into a loop from which there is no escape because there is no definitive answer . . . .rather than focusing on what a person is like on the inside and what they are feeling, focus on who they are in the outside world . . . . as for falling off your rocker, no, but you are in the process of recovery and part of that is to accept the speed bumps as you grow stronger and reset your frame of reference and us, the thoughts can be scary, but you have the strength and with the guidance of the counselor a sounding board to go forward with the process . . . by the way, the mind and body are connected especially the mind and the gut  . . . so it is not unusual to feel funny in the bottom of your stomach . . . happens to me . . . if possible, perhaps you need to see your counselor more than once every 6 weeks or have some type of support group that you can attend in your community to provide a bridge for you before appointments . . .glad you came by the forum and thanks for sharing your experience .. . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline higha123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:48:48 PM »
Thank you so much for responding.  I believe what I am experiencing is depersonalization and derealization. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »
Happens to me too A LOT. You're definitely not alone.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Tags: