Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My long list of symptoms  (Read 526 times)

Offline HealthAnxiety12

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My long list of symptoms
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »
I've been experiencing numerous physical symptoms that I'm assuming are due to anxiety because no doctor has been able to find a cause. I'm almost constantly anxious and the symptoms do seem to worsen under stress, so I can see that being a possibility. On good days I experience neuropathy about 10% of the time, but recently I've been experiencing it more and more and my visual symptoms are not going away. However, I find it difficult to believe that all of my symptoms are caused by anxiety. Here is my massive list:

Itching all over my body
Numbness all over my body
Tingling all over my body
Burning all over my body
A prickling sensation all over my body
A buzzing sensation in my hand
A wet, cold sensation on my thigh
A sensation of cold wind blowing against my skin
Flushed skin
Muscle spasms
Muscle weakness
Muscle stiffness
Shooting muscle pain
Joint pain
Twitching
Dry eyes
A gritty feeling in my eyes
A burning sensation in my eyes
Jolts of pain in the back of my eyes
An increase in eye floaters
Transient fuzzy spots in vision
Transient misting of vision
Slightly blurred vision
Flashes of light while eyes are closed
Transient flashes of light in vision
Transient scurrying black dots in vision
Glare in vision that isn't from my glasses
Hot flashes
Dull ache in head
Shooting pain in head ("ice pick headaches")
Diarrhea
Restless legs while lying down
Urinary incontinence
Fleeting discomfort on the roof of my mouth
Hair loss
Stuffy feeling in ears
Strange body odor that comes and goes
Feeling like my hand muscles are "loose"
Tinnitus
Nausea
Urinary urgency
Vomiting
Dizziness

I had an MRI with contrast and a cervical spine MRI that was unremarkable. I also had an eye exam that was normal. My bloodwork is all normal except for an elevated vitamin B12 level. I thought that my elevated B12 level was proof that I had a paradoxical deficiency, but I've been taking lots of methyl-B12 supplements for months and most of the symptoms haven't gone away. (I also talked to someone online who said that a deficiency would show spinal damage that I don't have.) I seem to develop new symptoms every week. I'm absolutely miserable. Does this ever end? This ordeal is making me feel suicidal. I keep reading medical forums where people say that their neuropathy hasn't gone away and that they're in near-constant pain, and it's making me feel hopeless.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hayter

• Poke This Member
Re: My long list of symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:44:47 PM »
I would recommend getting some meds and doing some exercise. Iv been where you are it's not nice! You need to change your thought patterns as you are locked in that zone. The only way I can escape it is through meds and exercise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HealthAnxiety12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »
I would recommend getting some meds and doing some exercise. Iv been where you are it's not nice! You need to change your thought patterns as you are locked in that zone. The only way I can escape it is through meds and exercise.

Thank you for your response. Did you have the majority of my symptoms, and did they go away with medication and exercise for you? I definitely plan on getting on an exercise regime, but I don't want to take medication because of the withdrawal effects.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  There are a lot of really helpful people on this site as I am sure you will find. 

I feel for you that is for sure.  I've experienced a prickly sensation on the skin of my legs for 3 years constantly and a surging feeling through my chest (kind of like adrenaline), except for when I am in bed (not sure why).  I've had this before as well, but it went away.  This bout is just not leaving and it drives me nuts.

Has your doctor given you any idea as to what the problem might be?  Anxiety makes everything worse, so working on that is really important.  Have you read the 100 symptoms of anxiety, because if not it would be a good idea?  Most of what you have mentioned is on that list.  I find reading self help books, walking and stretching helpful.  There is a book by a doctor named  Dr. Sarno that I am reading right now and it is giving me some hope.  It's called the Mind/Body Connection, or something close to that.  I don't have it with me.

Feel well and let us know how every goes. :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline HealthAnxiety12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  There are a lot of really helpful people on this site as I am sure you will find. 

I feel for you that is for sure.  I've experienced a prickly sensation on the skin of my legs for 3 years constantly and a surging feeling through my chest (kind of like adrenaline), except for when I am in bed (not sure why).  I've had this before as well, but it went away.  This bout is just not leaving and it drives me nuts.

Has your doctor given you any idea as to what the problem might be?  Anxiety makes everything worse, so working on that is really important.  Have you read the 100 symptoms of anxiety, because if not it would be a good idea?  Most of what you have mentioned is on that list.  I find reading self help books, walking and stretching helpful.  There is a book by a doctor named  Dr. Sarno that I am reading right now and it is giving me some hope.  It's called the Mind/Body Connection, or something close to that.  I don't have it with me.

Feel well and let us know how every goes. :action-smiley-065:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I'm sorry about your prickling sensation and sincerely hope that it goes away eventually. I've visited tons of doctors and no one has any idea what's going on. I was on antipsychotic medication for a long time and began experiencing these symptoms once I started titrating down, but it doesn't seem like withdrawal could cause all of these symptoms. I did read that list of anxiety symptoms and it definitely gives me a sense of relief, but I still have a hard time believing that anxiety could cause this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hayter

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
I had a long list of symptoms like you, I was going to the doctor with all of it which made his job of finding what was wrong so much more difficult. I wouldn't get out of bed, I was very depressed and couldn't see an end to any if it. I thought I was dying. The thing is once you in that place it's hard to come out of it!

I eventually after long fighting it agreed to go on some Meds which helped take my mind off it all and got down the gym - it all helped and a lot of my symptoms disappeared, leaving a few which were real and were diagnosed. Of course they were nothing bad what so ever.

My anxiety now comes in cycles and happens during winter but now I'm aware of it, it is easier to deal with but I still get myself worked up. But I will never get as bad as I was. Iv just asked to be put on meds with what I'm going through now and will get to the gym once the meds kick in
Bookmark and Share

Offline HealthAnxiety12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »
I had a long list of symptoms like you, I was going to the doctor with all of it which made his job of finding what was wrong so much more difficult. I wouldn't get out of bed, I was very depressed and couldn't see an end to any if it. I thought I was dying. The thing is once you in that place it's hard to come out of it!

I eventually after long fighting it agreed to go on some Meds which helped take my mind off it all and got down the gym - it all helped and a lot of my symptoms disappeared, leaving a few which were real and were diagnosed. Of course they were nothing bad what so ever.

My anxiety now comes in cycles and happens during winter but now I'm aware of it, it is easier to deal with but I still get myself worked up. But I will never get as bad as I was. Iv just asked to be put on meds with what I'm going through now and will get to the gym once the meds kick in

I noticed that you mentioned in one of your posts that you had a vitamin B12 deficiency. Were you ever treated for it and did your symptoms go away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline HealthAnxiety12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »
Oh, I also have an strange but fleeting feeling in my eye or on my eyelid. It feels almost like something is touching it. Has anyone ever had that symptom? I've never seen anyone mention it before. The sensation is sometimes accompanied by a flash of light or spot in my vision.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:50 PM »
Maybe its fibromyalgia, Its nothing serious or deadly just sucks to have and can be made worse with stress, this link has the basics of it.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001463/
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 08:04:43 PM »
I suggest taking a look at this post:

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,5255.0.html

It's really amazing what anxiety can do to a body. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline beckernpeeksmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 11:30:42 AM »
I too have been where you are and I am so sorry you have to be there. I also have had about every symptom you have listed! I ask to be put on meds and it has helped me alot but the best thing I did was get out and do some form of exercise even if you can only start to walk out to the street and back. Slowly increase what you do everyday till you are active again and I promise you that this too shall pass. I do not believe you ever completely get rid of this curse, you just learn to control it. Doing things, no matter what you decide to do, takes your mind off "thinking" and slowly your symptoms will just go away. Plus keep coming back to this forum when you start feeling that anxiety creeping up on you. The people here are life savers!
Bookmark and Share

Offline HealthAnxiety12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »
I too have been where you are and I am so sorry you have to be there. I also have had about every symptom you have listed! I ask to be put on meds and it has helped me alot but the best thing I did was get out and do some form of exercise even if you can only start to walk out to the street and back. Slowly increase what you do everyday till you are active again and I promise you that this too shall pass. I do not believe you ever completely get rid of this curse, you just learn to control it. Doing things, no matter what you decide to do, takes your mind off "thinking" and slowly your symptoms will just go away. Plus keep coming back to this forum when you start feeling that anxiety creeping up on you. The people here are life savers!

Thank you so, so much for your post. It means a lot to me. I am going to start exercising immediately and see if that helps. Are your symptoms almost entirely gone now, and how long did they take to go away?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: