Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Any Ladies out there ever have to have a Sonohistography ultrasound ?Very scared  (Read 397 times)

Offline jenny09

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi ,

Well I posted on here about some abnormal bleeding only after being intimate with my husband and it doesn't happen everytime. The bleeding only happens when I wipe as well. So I went to the doctor about it because I had the same issue in May 2013 she did a ultrasound as well as a transvaginal ultrasound, both those came back normal, now tomorrow I am going for another ultrasound and a sonohistography ultrasound where they will be injecting saline into my uterus. I have had normal pap tests for 3 consecutive years and normal ultrasounds as well. Do I have anything to fear here? Is the test awful and painful I am so scared they are going to find something. Please if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it. Very scared and anxious
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey Jenny, you're not alone. I've been having some bleeding issues as well. I had a regular U/S last month but haven't had an sonohysterography ultrasound so I can't help you out on that. I did have an endometrial biopsy done in the OB's office last week. Of course I was thinking the worst. There are lots of reasons for spotting tho, your OB is most likely looking for a polyp. That's what they found in my biopsy (which wasn't seen on regular U/S), all benign! Still too early to tell if it's been the cause of my spotting. Best of luck, update me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline middlenamehypochondria

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Hi,

I had one done about four years ago.  I was sooo scared but it wasn't bad at all and it was over before I knew it.  They didn't find anything.  I had been having spotting for almost 6 years and had been to several doctors.  Anyway, mine is just hormonal or at least that is what they called it since they couldn't find anything else.  Don't worry!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenny09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you ladies for your reply's. Today I had my u/s with the full bladder and all that so they could measure my uterus for tomorrow's sonohistography. I have been on the computer trying to find out what this procedure is like for other women and there are soooo many horror stories I am almost in tears and don't want to do this !!! I'm wondering if I take the 2 extra strength advil and 1 Xanax that may help with the pain. I am so anxious about this and wish it was over already. It's going to be a really long night of panic and worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Don't read about the procedure! I'm so glad my OB sprung the biopsy on me, there were absolute horror stories online that I read later. It really wasn't that bad! Take xanax and pain meds before and you'll be just fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sweetpea8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have had this same thing before. My gyno at the time freaked me out, turned out it was nothing. They kept talking about abnormal bleeding and doing tests, I was convinced I had some kind of cancer, it wasn't. Try not to worry and do not google. That was the worst for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I had one to get a better look at a uterine polyp they found through another test.!  It was truly no big deal other than the awkward feeling you get at the gyno anyway.  It didn't hurt at all, just awkward :)

Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenny09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well Test is done and it really was not bad at all, I think I would pick that over a yearly pap test anyday. Some mild cramping with the catheter and then the injection, but quite tolerable. Thank you ladies for your kind words and advice, also for sharing your personal experiences with me. I think I would have been a lot more anxious if not for you all. Now I have to wait a week for the report to go to my doctor, but that's not a big deal for me. Hopefully it all checks out A OK !!! Thanks again  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So glad to hear it went well. Keep us updated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have spotting on occasion after sex as well, and mine is only on the toilet paper.  I notice I'm usually ovulating or very close to my period when the bleeding happens.  But I just had a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound last month and I have to go see a gynecologist for some thickening of my endometrium and a cyst. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenny09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well Ladies my results are in from my sonohistography and everything is fine and measures fine, they saw no fibroids or anything else in the uterus. The only thing they did see was a very small cyst on my right ovary, but my doctor is not concerned at all about it because it is so small. I have to get an ultrasound to follow up on it sometime in the next six months. Very relieved about the results, but she says since they can't find anything that would cause post coital bleeding through tests it might just be break through bleeding and not to worry about it :laugh3: ya telling someone with HA not to worry that's funny. I guess if all my tests are fine I should find some comfort and not jump to the worst possible scenario in my mind. Thanks again for all your feed back and reply's meant more then you know !!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Whohoo that's great news!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: