Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumour anxiety ?! Help please?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumour anxiety ?! Help please?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
I went to the doctor today finally asking for an MRI. He did a neurological examination and said that MRI and other scans are not used to go hunting for things that may (or more likely may not) be there. When doing any type of scan there are chances (decent chances) that incidental findings will show up that will lead to things like biopsies and basically putting people who aren't sick into a system designed for sick people.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 07:44:56 PM »
Ok. I have some more questions for you (unfortunately): how much sleep do you get? Are you eating properly (i.e. at proper times and 3 times a day)? Do you exercise? And do you take up any activities in overcoming your anxiety and/or do you take up any stress relieving activities?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »
Ok. I have some more questions for you (unfortunately): how much sleep do you get? Are you eating properly (i.e. at proper times and 3 times a day)? Do you exercise? And do you take up any activities in overcoming your anxiety and/or do you take up any stress relieving activities?

I really appreciate you talking to me, especially at this time of night. I've literally been sat for about 2 hours watching Brain Hospital on channel 5 scaring the life out of me and convincing myself it must be a tumour. I'm so anxious, i'm at working at 9am and I just can't relax or sleep.

I roughly go to sleep about 12-1am and I get up for work at around 8am. So about 6 hours, but lately I have been waking up not long after going to sleep and not being able to get back to sleep for a while. I have started to having breakfast, then if I feel ok I will have lunch (a sandwhich) and tea (chicken and chips or something) but if I feel sick like I have been doing I don't eat much. I don't do any exercise and I don't do any stress relieving activites :(
x x x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »
No problem. I have my own worries at the moment which has been keeping me up.

I think you should avoid watching any kind of program that is going to escalate your anxiety. Again, you are making yourself worse. Just like googling symptoms and talking to friends about it, you only make it worse.

I also recommend you take up some stress relieving activities (at the very least) - just to take your mind off of your worries for a moment. And just a small tip, if you start to think "Have I stopped worrying" or "Am I relaxing" or "Am I feeling worried", let them happen but don't dwell on them. Instead, let them happen and then start to focus on whatever activity you are doing. Just lately, I have been listening to some binaural audios with headphones which works great. Type in "ASMR 93. 3D Head Massage (Binaural - Wear Headphones) - SOUNDsculptures - 3D Sound" on youtube for a great video that I usually play to relax me.

ASMR videos, in general, are great for relaxing. Anything like listening to music, drawing (even doodling), drawing zentangles like I previously mentioned, or just concentrating on breathing techniques will help relieve stress.

If you can start having daily relaxation sessions, this will help with your sleeping and eating habits. If you can improve your sleep, eating and have plenty of relaxation sessions each day, this will definitely help with your stress. I am positive that once you do this, your symptoms will at the very least improve (even if they don't completely go, they will improve). If they do, you can be confident that they are anxiety symptoms.

For me, your symptoms scream anxiety and not a brain tumour. But like I said, I cannot properly diagnose you but since you have been to I think at least two different doctors now (is that right?), and if they had any concern about you having a brain tumour, they would of immediately referred you for further tests urgently. Trust the doctors. I truly believe you are suffering from severe anxiety and therefore the symptoms that you are experiencing are as a result of this.

I hope you can get some sleep tonight. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »
As a last note, I am going offline now but you can PM me anytime if you want and I will always respond (if not immediately, I will at some point). Just sharing your worries and anxieties with someone else can help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: