Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pain below ribs on left side  (Read 287 times)

Offline Ksteph

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pain below ribs on left side
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
So I woke up this morning with pain on my left side right below my ribs, if I sit down it goes away. I got diagnosed with mono about 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if the pain could be from my spleen, would it still hurt when I'm sitting? I also wonder if it's a muscle, I a runner and yesterday I ran further than I've been and did some other exercises, could it be from that? Why is it always something!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain below ribs on left side
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:08:47 PM »
Mono as mononucleosis? How can you run when you are diagnosed with that...as far as I know about it, you should be lying in bed and resting...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ksteph

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:20:51 PM »
I was pretty sick for about 4 days, I honestly feel back to normal now. I really think I had it for a while before I was diagnosed with it. I am a mom to 2 little boys,  I layed in bed for the 4 days I felt really bad but it is really hatd to do that especially if I feel good. I also have just started getting back into my running routine, I was running 3-4 miles where now I run maybe 1 mile. Everybody is different and I understand what you are saying. I was just trying to figure out if this could be from my spleen or a pulled muscle, I didn't know if your spleen could hurt after your mono symptoms are mostly gone. Thanks for your reply!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 12:38:19 PM »
Can't say if it's one or the another since as far as I know you should rest for a month or so with mononucleosis because of the consequences. If you are feeling fine maybe regular daily activities are ok (although you should consult doctor), but I am almost certain that running is not an option so soon after diagnosis even though you are feeling fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ksteph

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »
I knew mono required a lot of rest but I thought once you felt better it would be ok to start trying to get back to normal. I haven't googled a lot about it because that is usually a bad idea for me. :) I was diagnosed with it the day after Christmas at a walk in clinic that was over flowing with sick people, the doctor I saw did not give me any information about it, I just received a phone call after they got my blood work back and they said I had mono and that I should start feeling better in about a week or so. Needless to say I was not impressed with this clinic and probably will never go there again. Thanks for your response!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: mono