Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't handle it anymore  (Read 245 times)

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't handle it anymore
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:40:01 AM »
I was actually doing well for a while until my friend died and started causing all sorts of emotions .... I have been untreated for two years and just called to go in tomorrow ... I know once I get on the right meds and stuff I'll be fine but for the time being how should I manage I feel worse than ever I know I have a large amount of hope and chances are I'll turn out fine but going through the onset of getting on meds and what not is gonna be tough so any advice right now would be solid! Thanks and happy new year to everyone
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't handle it anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
My third episode came on after finding out a friend was terminally ill with ALS, and it was the last straw among other stressors.  And on top of that I lost both parents while I was sick.  So you are doing the right thing in seeking help, stress plays some role in this, as well as biological predisposition, IMO.   Meds can be difficult to adjust to, I still feel not 100% at times (but have on meds in the past, this time its taking more time), but I am back working and socializing when I can on the weekends.  If you haven't taken meds before, you may find they work well and fairly quickly, or they may take some time.  It might be best to take a benzo while adjusting to an antidepressant if the latter makes you more anxious, sometimes that happens at first as you no doubt have read here.  Therapy is also good if you can do it, loss is a major trigger for these kinds of things and there can be ways to look at it that allow us to move on.  Its not easy, and it takes time, but it can be done.  To me the feelings of anxiety and depression, let alone a panic attack, are the worst things that can happen in my life, all external things can hurt but nothing sucks like not feeling right so much of the time (and the physical manifestations of anxiety or depression can be quite "real" and just as uncomfortable as any other illness, it amazes me, actually).  Seeking help is the right thing to do, and while the journey can be a bit rough in the beginning, you will cope and get better.  Keep the thought in mind that there is a way to get better, it may not come as quickly as we want, but it does get better with effective treatment and time.  Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 12:44:51 AM »
Hey thanks so much for replying that means a lot... I'm not really for my meds but they have worked well for several people in my family so I think this is a time I just have to suck it up for now..... And you are so right when u say nothing sucks more than the anxiety and depression feelings I can take anything external just these feelings suck .... I play competitive hockey and hope the startup doesn't interfere but then again my health is more Importtant so well see ... Thanks for the POSITIVE feedback since I joined this I haven't seen much of it
Bookmark and Share

Offline lexie2006

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
My last episode is still going on I had my son early two years ago he got a trach he was ventilator dependant for 18 months I was in a place I felt alone I was starnded with my husband in ky from az plus his mom had passed and I got a CPS case that threatened to take our other 2 kids because i had no home in ky and his family was telling me it was my felt my son as ill boy i tell you i am still recovering mind you my son is 2 and still hospitalized because cps and the facility he is in dont feel we got stable fast enough and dont think we will stay this way so he isnt home I dont remember most of 2011 or 2012 for that fact i guess i went with the flow and focused on what i wanted versus what was and made plans on how to get there I stayed really busy.So it will be ok in time just hold on and stay strong to that fact.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: