Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling Isolated  (Read 157 times)

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling Isolated
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:40:56 AM »
My family and I took up a job looking over a hotel in Colorado mountains for the winter. We were really enjoying it at first being here and having it all to ourselves, but lately my anxiety has been horrible. Any ideas on what I can do to relieve this feeling? we still have a long way to go, and it is extremely difficult or impossible to get to the closest town.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling Isolated
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:57:38 AM »
I can see where that would be a bit of an isolation for you . . .. depending on the age of the people in your family and, of course, depending on your access to the Web, perhaps you could start engaging people via the Web . . . perhaps a blog on your experience or even a tour of the hotel with features pointed out, etc.

If it is possible (depending on the terms of your contract), are you enable to invite people to come and visit with you for limited amounts of time? What about a winter based hobby such as learning how to cross country ski? Do you use *****? As silly as this may sound, perhaps you and your family members could trade off and have some spend a few days in town while the others take care of the hotel? Do you have access to a digital camera? I bet the scenery out there is one of its kind and keeping a photo journal may be a money maker down the line . . . . have you ever wanted to upgrade your education? If so, what about an online course . . . MIT offers great courses along with many other universities that are free in the sciences and humanities . . . .you do not pay anything and you do not get academic credit but it may be the time to explore . . .

Perhaps your other family and friends from the outside can send in care packages . . . some of your favourite foods that might not otherwise be available . . . perhaps you could engage them in real time online games such as Monopoly or Chess . . .

And, of course, you can always come here . . . . it is difficult but remember the days are now getting longer and spring will come . . . try picking out one positive thing to do every day . . . it does not have to be gigantic . . . just one positive activity . . . .even if you don't like to cook, go on line and find a simple new recipe to experiment with . . . .but do come here as often as you would like . . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling Isolated
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »
There isn't a whole lot we can do as far as going into town or doing shifts. The only way we can get from here to the town is on a tracked vehicle that I don't think my wife could operate well enough. My son seems to like it up here a lot though. The internet comes and goes so I don't think I could do too much online.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: