Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Old symptoms have reoccured  (Read 208 times)

Offline KyleFinn24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Old symptoms have reoccured
« on: January 13, 2014, 05:13:28 AM »
Hello everyone,

Awhile back around august i was experiencing all sorts of crazy heart attack like symptoms. Like shortness of breath,heaviness in the chest,rapid heartbeat,dizziness,left arm pain,jaw pain,felt like my heart was being squeezed and this led to multiple hospital visits(around 50 visits) and seeing a cardiologist. This lead to numerous tests like ekgs,chest xrays,blood work to look for blood clots and leaking enzymes,heart sonogram,a treadmill stress test,holter moniter for 24 hours then a event monitor worn for a month, and lastly a catscan angiograph which shows if there is any blockage in the arteries or narrowing. All came back negative and my heart was in good health..thank the good lord but now recently yesterday i was woken up with this heaviness in the chest and that caused me to panick. I instantly took my blood pressure and it was a little high so i relaxed and retook it several times and it seemed to be around 120/66 and 106/60 with the pulse at 60-70.. Now i know this is really good but i still had some optimism that it actually was my heart but i wasnt sure. My symptoms at the time were getting jolting away with this fluttering in the chest this happened at least 10 times then when i decided to get up from sleeping i had this heaviness in my chest with pain. Wasnt a severe pain but it was enough to notice. So around 8pm i decided to go to my local hospital after 3 months of not going and they ran a ekg and chest xray and questioned me. I currently weigh 195 pounds and i lost around 70 pounds i have no heart risks. One of my good friends need heart surgery on thursday since he has a bad heart since child birth so i assume this is what triggered my heart symptoms again. What do you guys think ? Anxiety or should i seek another opinion ? Thanks guys for reading

- Kyle
Bookmark and Share

Offline KyleFinn24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Old symptoms have reoccured
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:02:59 AM »
Anyone know ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:18:08 AM »
So these symptoms have caused you to go to the hospital 50 times and seen a cardiologist all who say you're fine and now you would like to know if you should get another opinion?

Let me say that again - you've gone to the hospital for this particular issue 50 times and seen a cardiologist and they all say you're fine.  But you want yet another opinion?  If visits 1 thru 50 didn't convince you that you're OK, why would the 51st make any difference?

You need to accept the fact that you don't have a heart issue.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lumpkins07

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:14:58 PM »
It's very hard to accept that your symptoms are just anxiety but you have had your heart checked out numerous times and everything is okay. The symptoms went away last time and they will pass this time too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:32:06 PM »
hyperventilation and anxiety can cause all of that.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »
I think the deeper problem is that first time sufferers of anxiety just can't wrap their head around the fact that anxiety causes real physical symptoms and side-effects. They cannot accept that anxiety would cause such a thing (most likely believing it to only be a mental thing) when in reality the sympathetic nervous symptom completely (but temporarily) transforms the way the body reacts to everything. Having an underlying issue that constantly keeps this active is going to result in physical symptoms because something *physical* is happening behind the scenes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: