Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: It's been awhile...  (Read 281 times)

Offline Holly

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It's been awhile...
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:51:42 AM »
Since I posted. I'm struggling.. I need help. Some of you know my fear, which is the passing out feeling. I'm so terrified to even get that feeling.. It feels like I'm just slowly fading away. This anxiety has taken so much of my life away. I use to be so independent and now I'm dependent on others.  I'm scared to be alone or go anywhere alone.. It's just really taking a toll on everyone... My bf...my dad and mom. I go to a CBT therapist. I have been for over a year now. She has helped me a lot but now I'm stuck. I'm at a place where I can keep being stuck or get better..but I feel like it's impossible.. I try to take short drives and I even went into a store by myself the other day.. But that's not enough I'm not where I want to be and I'm feeling really depressed. Also I'm cutting back my Ativan.. I have been on this hell drug for over a year now. I won't take anymore medicine and so that is not a option. Any advice?? Please!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Graceski8

• Mood: Hyper
    Hyper
  • Agoraphobic
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's been awhile...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:48:15 AM »
hi holly, i'm exactly the same. i'm really scared of passing out. the whole vision fading, feeling cold, lightheaded thing really freaks me out and has done for 4 years. i've only actually passed out once from shock, and i've almost fainted 3 times.

getting over anxiety is a long and hard process. try and be a bit more positive - going in the store alone is a big achievement, I can't even do that at the moment. praise yourself for the things you can do such as going for drives, going for small walks.

your lucky to have a family who support you. keep going out every day until it feels easier. then go a bit further, then try and go on a train for example etc etc

it is a long process, just keep going and don't give up. it will be fine one day.

p.s check out this book, it's very helpful: http://www.amazon.com/The-Agoraphobia-Workbook-Comprehensive-Program/dp/1572243236
Bookmark and Share

Offline Holly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's been awhile...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:59:57 AM »
Thanks.. and shock from Anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: