Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety "episode" can anyone relate???  (Read 244 times)

Offline pichu987

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety "episode" can anyone relate???
« on: January 12, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
Hello again..here is a question for everyone...it seems like for me that every few years(maybe longer) i go into an "episode" of anxiety.  What I mean by that..is it gets SOOOO severe that i can barely function.  And i feel anxiouse and feeling panic 24/7.  And it can last for a few weeks to a month or so.  And during that time i useally can't sleep for days...have trouble eating..and then  i obsess and obsess.  I also walk around in a daze/fog..and i can't concentrate on anything.  Its so hard to type and explain..but i am going through an "episode" now.  And i cant relax at all.  Its like my body feels like its in danger..its sooo horrible.  When i am not going through an episode..then i am fine..i can go through out my day and be fine..i mean yeah i will get worried and have obsessive worries but i CAN function.  Right now..its very hard for me to relax..i feel like  i have to be constantly moving..and when i sit still or i am home..i feel such panic and obsession over "will i be able to come out of this?  will i be able to sleep tonight?"  its like this horrible rush that goes through my body of fear.  When i try to explain it to family and friends they don't understand.  I just wanted to see if anyone goes through this..thanks...
Bookmark and Share

Offline tamsankaur

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety "episode" can anyone relate???
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:53:26 AM »
I think I answered your previous question as well. I don't know if what I am saying is helping you, but I still wanted to try. I have those episodes too, in that there are times where I get really anxious for a while and then things start to get better in a few days. However, I am so negative when I have those episodes, which is probably the reason why I am so anxious then. When I get those episodes, at any given time I am conscious of how I feel, what I am thinking and how my body is reacting. I pay attention to my bodily sensations so much that it causes me to feel anxious all the time. I know it's hard to relax, but it's not impossible. One of the things that I like to tell myself is that, "all of these things I am feeling are just my feelings. Why am I going to be afraid of feelings?" You have to constantly remind yourself that what you are feeling is actually not any real danger. Those are just your feelings and emotions. They may feel scary, but at the end of the day they are just emotions. Those bodily sensations that you are feeling, they are just sensations. I read a book titled, Hope and Help for your Nerves and that helped me a lot. I am not sure if you've heard of the book or read it, but you should give it a try if you haven't. Basically, what I learned from that book is that every sensation is just a sensation. There is nothing wrong with my body and all I have to do is accept that I am feeling some weird sensations. For example, I wouldn't worry if my arm was hurting after I fell because I know it's normal for it to hurt. Well in the same way, your body is stressed and it is reacting to stress and it will take time for all the sensations to go away and for your body to regain it's balance. For the time being, just don't pay any attention to them. Remember, you don't want to be scared. I know it is hard to relax, but it is not impossible. Try not to worry about what is going to happen later. Focus on the now. Don't worry about the fact that you might not be able to sleep later. It's okay if you cannot fall asleep. Don't let future worries bother you. "Tomorrow is tomorrow. Future cares have future cures. We must mind today." Just live in the moment. Don't think about the past, and don't worry about the future. You have to stop worrying about what's going to happen later on and just focus on what's happening now. All the "what if's" are making you feel even more anxious. I try to tell myself that if I can think "what if I don't get better?" and "what if I get anxious again" then I should also know that there is also the possibility of "what if I get better soon?" or "what if I never get anxious again?" Think positive. Try to give a positive twist to everything bad you think can happen. I hope this helps you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nobody

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Shameless now nameless now nothing now no one now
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:39:19 AM »
I went through the same thing last month actually, I had a phase where for an entire month, I had constant anxiety & fear of passing out or dying, I couldn't sleep at all, I would go to bed at 10pm & only fall asleep at 6 am & only get like 3 hours of sleep & then not being able to fall back to sleep. Some thoughts that I kept reinforcing on myself that helped me solve this eventually were:"I've been feeling like this for a while now, yet I still haven't died, so there's really no reason to worry about these sensations."& "It's not worth living this way, I rather just give in & die than keep being so anxious all the time." Although they might seem a bit grim, I was really brought to a point where I just didn't want it to go on so bad that I actually stopped fearing death, the more I kept reinforcing myself with these thoughts, the better I started to feel overtime & finally, after a good nights' sleep 1 day, I woke up feeling better than ever. I hope this helps & I wish you all the best in your struggle with anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Offline pichu987

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »
Thank you so much!  both of you!  that really helped alot!!!  yeah..im just always always always worrying..but when i go into these "episodes" its REALLY bad and yeah my "sences" seem knocked off..and i feel like im walking around in a daze/fog.  Its really scary..and all i keep doing is obsessing and obsessing.  Its crazy cause i cant even watch like a horror movie or anything that will provoke my anxiety to get worst when im like this.  And normally when i am not going through "episodes" i LOVE horror movies and haunted houses and stuff.  Odd right?  But right now im like over paranoid about everything.  I am still having trouble sleeping..however i have been able to get a FEW hours of sleep the past few nights.  But i just keep obsessing over this sleep thing.  But i know it will pass...another thing i obsess over is..i feel like i may eventully go crazy or end up in a mental home or something...idk i have such extreme fears.  I feel fine when im moving around and doing something..but lately when i try to relax and sit still to watch tv or something..its like im too ancy and nervouse right now..it sucks...i really hate these episodes.  I still want to consider trying meds to relax me though..is there any meds that can stop the obsesive thinking and feeling scared ALL the damn time?  Thanks again everyone! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caleb

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 01:45:46 AM »
 :action-smiley-065:   Heck yeah/there are meds.  Don't doubt it.   But a good choice needs to be made, so you don't get something which makes you *too* calm and not wanting to move say.

If you can get a recommendation to a "pdoc," one who enjoys life and is not weird..that person IMHO (in my humble opinion) just might help a bunch.

I've been thru some of this, well a couple different times in life.

Life should be enjoyed, this getting all uptight is for the birds!  lol

Keep posting here.  -Yes I do think AZ is kind of a big place and if not careful one might feel lost in the shuffle.  Write down names of who you interact with here...and I think the moderators work to be helpful, so  //
Cheers,
Caleb

Bookmark and Share

Offline lexie2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 07:10:20 PM »
I go through these episodes I which I could say i have figured it out I dont know really how or why it happens I just try to cherish those moments when i am relaxed I hope this helps you but it may be seasonal  I get real depressed during the winter months. Try talking about this to your therapist I really do believe there is more to life than anxiety we will really live someday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bubbles18

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »
Hello....I totally feel your pain trust me you are not alone.  I am dealing with my panic/anxiety disorder as we speak after it being controlled for almost two years and me being free of meds for a year.  For all of January basically I've been having tons of symptoms because I dont get one or two I get a bunch so I too get those thoughts of "I am dying", "I am going to faint", "I am going to end up losing my mind and be admitted into a mental insitution", "I have a brain tumor", "I am having a heart attack or stroke", etc. the list goes on and on.  Its really hard to try and clear your mind as it feels like your mind is running a mile a minute and you have no control over it. I've had major headaches for about a week now its horrible it just makes me feel even worse.  I see a therapist for the anxiety/panic have been for years, I started taking Yin Yoga to help with relaxation/meditation, I do breathing exercises, I get full body massages with aroma therapy on a regular and I listen to yoga and relaxation sounds when I go to sleep which greatly helps me as I was waking up several times a night in panic mode and was afraid to go to sleep.  All those things seem to help me. I notice petting and cuddling with my pets helps calm me down not sure if you own any and cuddling with soft blankets etc. seem to ease me. I know it might sound odd but it has helped me :) Hang in there and I would definitely try the deep breathing exercises when you start feeling that anxiety rush it will help relax you and not go into hyperventilation mode which brings on more panic and anxiety.  Thanks....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiety episode