Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: In desperate need of advise...weird pupils and brain tumour fear  (Read 209 times)

Offline kathy81

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello, my anxiety is full blown right now over some strange symptoms I've been experiencing. For the past few weeks I've been having daily headaches. They have mostly felt like tension headaches but then progressed to a specific pain in my forehead between my eyebrows. I've also been having pretty bad sinus pressure and pain that feels deep down in the bone...and strangely no congestion or nasal discharge. When I finally went to my dr she told me I have a sinus infection and prescribed me a course of antibiotics. I was weary taking them so waited a few days but couldn't take the sinus pain/pressure anymore and started taking them a few days ago. I've been really really anxious over these head pains and have now noticed something strange going on with my pupils (on the last 3 days or so)...like my pupils will change size even if I'm in the same light. They will dilate/constrict randomly and they seem like they are different sizes between the right and left pupil. So my anxiety and fear of a brain tumour is growing by the hour...I just remember reading something way back about a person who had dilating pupils of different sizes that got diagnosed with glioma. Random right? But I just cannot stop thinking and obsessing about this...it is ruining my life...I can't function...don't even feel like eating or drinking water. I also am getting this sensation that my mouth is not working properly...like I'm slurring my words...which makes me think that I for sure must have a brain tumour. Please help!!!! Any advise is greatly appreciated. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline selfdiagnose

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: In desperate need of advise...weird pupils and brain tumour fear
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:03:17 AM »
Difference in pupil size is called anisocoria. About 1/5 of the human population has it. When my brain tumor fears started, that was my first concern as well, but mine is benign. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Also, if you look in the mirror really closely, you'll notice that your pupils will dilate and constrict a little. This happens when your eyes are trying to focus on a close object and it's completely normal. I hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »
I used to obsess over the same when I was concerned re a BT. I had a MRI and brain is ok but I have a high signal change in my left sinus which is likely inflammation. Like you I don't have congestion or a runny nose so I found this weird. However, you can get the pressure without the nose symptoms I think. Also, unlike you, my pain is in the top and back of my head which also seems weird for someone with blockage or something at the front eh!

I would say you're focusing too much on your pupils and noticing all sorts! I used to look in the mirror all the time and watch them dilate, without the light changing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LillyVDR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:18:56 AM »
I was in your shoes a few months ago, but I did not have headaches, Just fears of a brain tumor.

I also noticed the difference in my pupils. I had to go to the emergency room of the ophtalmologic hospital, to be reassured that it was nothing more than physiologic anisocoria. Having a carcinophobia made me go see another doctor, who confirmed the diagnosis.

About how your pupils change in size, that is called focus, they would dialate/constrict! That is also normal.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: