Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Do I have Anxiety? Please help..  (Read 112 times)

Offline Air

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I have Anxiety? Please help..
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
Hey there...

So I am not entirely sure what's happening with me but my doctor seems to be of no help as all he did was shrug this off as if it was nothing.

I suffered an incredibly severe panic attack about 2 weeks ago, I would assume due to the fact that I looked at my arm and all of a sudden I did not recognise it as my own. The whole week before that event my right cheek and/or lip and chin would appear numb. I ended up in ER, woke up in the morning felt fine, experienced what seemed like another panic attack...that didn't appear to have an ending. For the past 2 weeks I experience some strange and very insane rushes. I look at my arms and don't recognise them as my own, generally worse at night, my right pupil is nearly constantly more dilated than my left which is freaking me out. I get these sudden hard points to breathe, I feel sick but...a strange kind of sick, like the kind where I could randomly just throw up for no reason at all in an instant. I feel very disconnected and when this rush gets bad I feel like I have to keep snapping my neck otherwise I'll pass out. I get lost for words mid-conversation and its very hard for me to just talk...I have to force it so hard to just push a few words out.

I'd be having a fine morning and early afternoon and all of a sudden this rubbish would randomly come over me..why wont it just go away? Why does it just come over randomly? I feel the need to just go outside and sit in the freezing cold until I feel better..a lot.

What could this be? Does this sound like anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I have Anxiety? Please help..
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »
Sure as anything sounds like anxiety. Sounds like a lot of de-realization going on. I've had that quite a bit. It never got as bad as yours but I can guarantee freaking out and dwelling on it makes you hyper aware and you really start to feel crazy. Here's what you need to do. First go to a doctor that will listen to you. If he determines you have no physical issues then you need to see and therapist and he might also possibly suggest you try an anti-anxiety med. I've been on Lexapro for 2 months and been in CBT for about the same amount of time. I feel so much better right now. Go see someone please and get yourself help and peace!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »
Its very strange,

I mean...I'm so super happy with my life. Or does not even correlate with anxiety? Could it possibly be caused by some sort of sub-concious issues?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
And regarding one of my pupils being larger than the other? Is that too a symptom of anxiety? Or could this be a physical issue within the brain?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: