Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor or psychological trauma?  (Read 227 times)

Offline selfdiagnose

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor or psychological trauma?
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »
Tomorrow, I go to the neurologist so I can get his opinion. I know there's a 99.9% chance I will need a scan, so I pray that I don't have to wait weeks to get a scan. My last semester in college starts on the 27th. I'm not sure I'll be able to function without knowing I don't have a brain tumor. I should not have looked up the term "palinopsia", seeing pronounced trails of moving objects/ ghost images of objects (whether I move, or the object moves). But I've read enough to have the mark of death painted upon me. As one medical article put it, palinopsia indicates a likely presence of an intracranial lesion. The only thing that's helping me keep my feet on the ground is watching cartoons from my childhood (The Real Ghostbusters) and xanax. For everyone else out there who has this paralyzing fear, know that I sympathize with your plight and my thoughts are with you.
Bookmark and Share
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor or psychological trauma?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »
I've read on this too - A lot of people have it with their anxiety. Have you been on those with visual snow forum? Google it - you'll be surprised the amount of people with the same symptoms as you. They've had test after test - no real cause! A lot of people think it's their anxiety.

All the best
Bookmark and Share