Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Obsessed with sleep/energy  (Read 232 times)

Offline Kantsas

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Obsessed with sleep/energy
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:21:24 PM »
I'm posting this because I can't seem to find anyone else going through the same thing, though it seems like something that would be common.

I've been feeling tired since the middle of November when I read a discussion forum on cancer where people talked about one of the first symptoms they had was feeling tired all the time. Of course this led me to thinking "I've been a little bit tired too..." and instead of chalking it up to my stressful job, or the time of year, immediately started freaking out about it.

I was starting to get over it from being around family and friends and realizing "Everyone gets a little tired from time to time..." when I had a melanoma scare. I don't want to get into the particulars but a mole I had been keeping an eye on changed and of course I assumed the worst.

I went to the dermatologist who looked at it through the dermatoscope and said it was nothing to be concerned about, but he took a picture and scheduled an appointment for me to come back in a year and told me to keep an eye on it (probably the worst thing you can tell a hypochondriac).

That was about a week ago and I've started to calm down about the mole, and now am obsessing with being tired again.

The thing is I'm not tired. I'm not falling asleep or dozing, I'm not fatigued at all. I'm not a very fit person but I can chase my son around and take out the trash and do other things around the house that are physical with no problem. And yet I keep telling myself I am tired, keep feeling "tired" (without the symptoms of being tired) and am obsessed with my energy level.

I have an appointment with a psychologist (my dermatologist actually set it up for me) but it's not until the end of February. I'm starting to feel like this is a major depressive episode and there's nothing I can do to get out of it. I just feel helpless.

Does anyone else go through this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessed with sleep/energy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »
This kind of stuff always looms in the back of my mind.  It's usually due to increased cortisol levels. It's important to keep a good diet and exercise you'll notice yourself come out of the funk esp after you stop obsessing about it.
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessed with sleep/energy
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »
This can easily be a sign of depression which may need treatment of one kind or another. Exercise can do wonders. Even just a walk outdoors can stimulate the Chi, as in Tai Chi, our life force.

If you can get to a gym to work out, it may help for now.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: