Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sense of calm, after a dream  (Read 168 times)

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sense of calm, after a dream
« on: January 12, 2014, 07:46:31 PM »
Well, as I've written in a few other posts, my Mom passed away August 2012.

I have not had many dreams of her since her passing, but I cherish the dreams when they come because dreaming of her is like visiting her.

Last night I had a dream that I was walking home, went up to my Mom and Dads door, rang the doorbell, then my Mom opened the door; I began sobbing, telling her how much I miss her, she wiped my tears, kissed and hugged me, then I gave her a glass of water and we sat together at the kitchen table.

After the dream I couldn't sleep, because I could not believe it was a dream, as it seemed so real.

Today I am so utterly happy, a sense of calm has come over me, because I literally feel as though I have had a visit with my departed Mom who I miss so much.

Can anyone empathize? Thank You :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kimjai08

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sense of calm, after a dream
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:45:30 PM »
That was really beautiful!  It is awesome that it could bring so much comfort!
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:56:58 PM »
Hi CarrieAnn...

Yes, I can certainly empathize with you.  It will be ten years ago this coming May that I lost my mom.

I will never forget that seven months after she passed, I was going through some papers, and I came across the Christmas card that she had sent me the year before.  I looked at the postmark, and it said December 18th.  And do you know that I found that card on December 18th.  I opened it up like I had the year before, and the first thing my mom had written, was telling me there really was a Santa Clause.  You can bet that I kept that card, and I always will.

I have had dreams about my mom, and even visions of her when I meditate, and I have felt that calm.  We call them dreams, but how do we not know that they are really another form of reality, and that what we think is reality, is just a dream...

As always, the very best to you, CarrieAnn, and to your mom too...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:09:05 PM »
Thank You both for your replies :)

Chuck, something so ironic to your reply...tonight I was in the mood to crochet myself a new scarf, I was wanting to do it in a different stitch like a lacey shell design. Well, I have quite a few of my Moms crochet stitch design books here and decided to get one off the top of the book shelf. I looked through the book starting from the back, when I got to page 72 there was a 3x3 inch little card with a gold rose flower pendant taped to it, and it says, 'Mothers hold their children's hands for awhile...their hearts forever.' Now I'm not a big crier, but I began to cry; after the dream I had last night I saw this discovery as a reminder for me to know that she loves me.

I know things that aren't seen are kind of hard to believe, but these two instances, last night and tonight just kind of make me wonder...

Thanks Mom <3
Bookmark and Share

Tags: