Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Could really use someone's advice  (Read 193 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Could really use someone's advice
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:18:36 PM »
So I've been dealing with this fear of going crazy having schizophrenia or like psychosis for over a year now and it's been horrible I had a period of time where I thought I was almost over this fear but I've had a major setback! I can't stop obsessing over intrusive thoughts one of my thoughts now is the fear of being delusional and since I've read so much on schizophrenia I know a few examples of what delusional thoughts are for example I'll have the thought "what if everyone is out to get me" and that thought is so scary to me and I'll ask myself "do I actually believe this" and it becomes so hard to answer like it's so doubtful and so abstract I can answer no of course not but the doubt always comes back. This is just so horrible cause I feel like there's no way out like what if I think my family who I love so much is out to get me or my girlfriend it's like I'm by myself on this! I went to a psychologist last week before I had this new thought she said I suffer from ocd and obsessive thoughts and that made me feel better but now that I got this new thought it's like "what if I think she's out to get me to" this is just so bad! Can anyone please help and give me any advice I really need it right now
Bookmark and Share

Offline dondada

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Could really use someone's advice
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 07:34:24 PM »
So I've been dealing with this fear of going crazy having schizophrenia or like psychosis for over a year now and it's been horrible I had a period of time where I thought I was almost over this fear but I've had a major setback! I can't stop obsessing over intrusive thoughts one of my thoughts now is the fear of being delusional and since I've read so much on schizophrenia I know a few examples of what delusional thoughts are for example I'll have the thought "what if everyone is out to get me" and that thought is so scary to me and I'll ask myself "do I actually believe this" and it becomes so hard to answer like it's so doubtful and so abstract I can answer no of course not but the doubt always comes back. This is just so horrible cause I feel like there's no way out like what if I think my family who I love so much is out to get me or my girlfriend it's like I'm by myself on this! I went to a psychologist last week before I had this new thought she said I suffer from ocd and obsessive thoughts and that made me feel better but now that I got this new thought it's like "what if I think she's out to get me to" this is just so bad! Can anyone please help and give me any advice I really need it right now

I'm sorry you are experiencing such intrusive thoughts, they can be truly awful to live with. Are you currently being treated by a psychiatrist? If not, I would advise going to see one ASAP, your psychologist should be able to refer you to one. In the mean time, perhaps a Dysfunctional Thought Record might be helpful (available at http://media.psychologytools.org/Worksheets/English/Dysfunctional_Thought_Record.pdf).
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Could really use someone's advice
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:12:06 AM »
You have to begin by stop reading such junk. Change what you are reading. Thus feed yourself something more positive instead of the negative things you are putting into your own mind. That is all you are doing by reading up on these condition. It will effect you big time. Why not get a book with more positive wording in it. The more you read that the more your thoughts will begin to change. Because our minds pick up on what we feed it. So far you have fed your mind nothing but junk material. So maybe buy a good self help book. Based around more positive stories. Use affirmations as well. You will find loads of positive ones on the net. Just type positive affirmations into any search engine. Right a few down on stick paper. Stick them about your home. So when you walk about the house you will see these positive words. Say them as you see them. This will help feed your mind more positive things and help push the junk out of your head. Because it is fair to say that you got all the ideas you have from reading alone. Continue to read. But just change the material you are reading.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: