Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How my HA has helped my life  (Read 234 times)

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How my HA has helped my life
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »
I have been thinking about this lately, and yes my HA can be crippling sometimes. The stress and anxiety along with the physical symptoms they produce can be quite terrifying, and I know stress isn't healthy, but HA has helped me become healthier than I have been in a long time.

Before my first panic attack, which is what started my HA, I smoked two packs a day, drank a case of Mountain Dew a day, and lived off fast food. I was 250 lbs, and all I did was work, go home, play video  games, and sleep maybe 5 hours a day. This all started when I was about 22, and I continued this until I was 25, which is when my panic attack hit.

I'm not saying HA is a good thing. It prevents me from doing a lot of things I used to enjoy doing and also has created some social anxiety for me. (I used to go out and drink with friends and now the very thought terrifies me).

My HA has helped me make healthier choices in my life and think of the long term, though. I quit smoking, I quit caffeine. I started eating healthier. I lost about 40 pounds and started taking more walks outside. I drink only water now, really, and I have been over a year with no smoking or sodas/caffeine.

It's a shame I had to make these decisions out of fear for my health, but at the same time I am a little bit thankful for my HA making me wise up about my health.

So now I'm 26, weigh 195 pounds, my resting heart rate is now 50-60 compared to 80-90. MY BP is 126/70 compared to 140/90. All in all, I have to give my HA a regretful thank you, and ask it to just take it easy on me in the future.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How my HA has helped my life
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:23:24 PM »
Great post and great thing for people to read who don't see a light at the end of the tunnel
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »
This is a wonderful post that can be an inspiration to others.

HA helped you to take charge of your life, to reclaim your life and health. The underlying condition of anxiety may still be there, but you won't be fooled to let that rule you. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:57:40 PM »
Each one of my HA scares has produced something positive. For me, like the OP I had let my diet and weight get out of control due to work stress. Each time the only way I have gotten my anxiety to go away is diet and exercise.

This time around my HA has made me realize how much I was ignoring my son and wife as well as God. I was consumed with work and my own hobbies. Anxiety for me always seems to be a wake up call.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: