Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it possible that I have lymphoma after 10 months of nothing new?  (Read 270 times)

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
I feel a little silly writing this because, well, it IS probably silly, but here goes: about 10 months ago last March, in the midst of my HA's humble beginnings, I developed one hell of a lymphoma fear due to some highly mobile, fleshy nodes I found (after feeling for nodes for the first time) on both sides of my neck. I count 4 across my neck on one side (largest is the size of a small chickpea), and one small node on my right side. Since then, I've witnessed no change in the size of these nodes.

I also have chronic minor soreness on my left side that seems to get worse after eating a meal, which I first noticed in July. I don't have night sweats or itchy skin.

Is it possible I could have lymphoma even after all this time of maintaining the status quo, symptoms-wise?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it possible that I have lymphoma after 10 months of nothing new?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
Doesn't sound like lymphoma to me. The people I've know with lymphoma have nodes that got progressively bigger in size or would wax and wane and by that I mean the nodes were already big (pathogically enlarged) and would sometimes decrease a smidge.

I've had the lymphoma fears. In fact it's what started my HA 11 years ago. I found a node on the back of my neck that was a little bigger then the rest. Multiple docs felt it and said it was nothing. I was convinced I had lymphoma and after reading about symptoms, developed slight night sweats, itchy skin and weight loss. I refused to believe anxiety was causing my symptoms and pushed for excision of the node. I had the node removed. Pathology came back as a normal reactive node. It swelled due to something like sinuses, acne, dental issue and never went totally back down. Because I refused to listen to my docs and believe that the node was benign, I now have a lovely scar on the back of my neck.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:15:13 PM »
I have chronic mild folliculitis on my scalp and also have one on the back of my neck. I guess I just worry about what it could be, even though my fears drift away from lymphoma quite often. They ALWAYS come back. It's silly because...I'm pretty sure most lymphomas in a 26 year old would present rather quickly. Even the slower ones take 3 months for diagnosis. Two doctors have felt my nodes within that time. Neither have noted a problem. Really, the only symptom I've really felt within that time has been the soreness in my left side. It doesn't make a lot of sense that I'd have an enlarged spleen for so long without any progression of the problem, right? Or a lymphoma that just kind of hangs out without getting worse.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
Of course your mind goes back to lymphoma. That's what the HA ridden mind does, mine included. I could bet the nodes are slightly larger due to your folliculitis. They are just doing what they should be doing. Reacting to bacteria.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »
Hi jenky leg ,

I too have had the dreaded lymphoma fear ( hodgkins for me ) for 22 months !! Some nodes , fatigue , itchy skin and have had numerous tests and I'm still here . Not going to lie I do still have bad days but I am slowly getting there ( I think ) and trust me anxiety can cause all of your symptoms !

I have spoke to numerous doctors who have insisted that after months you would know you had it .

Keep positive !

Gemma
Bookmark and Share

Tags: