Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: the worst type of anxiety ever...it's about my child.help NOWplz:-(  (Read 179 times)

Offline tymommy

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So my 5yr old went to get 2 teeth filled and had laughing gas.  His oxygen went down into the low 80's afterward and they couldn't get it up for 4hrs. They had no explanation for why this happened.well two weeks later (this wed.)the ped calls and tells methe dentist called her and said hes convinced he has a heart problem. Im like ...what!?!so he had an echocardiogram yesterday.of course well know nothing for who knows how long......im totally flipping out. The ped said if there's a leaky valve. .or infection...or murmur. ...he could need heart surgery. Uggggg i can't stop crying I'm scared to death
Bookmark and Share

Offline Betty1979

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: the worst type of anxiety ever...it's about my child.help NOWplz:-(
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:03:20 AM »
Oh Hun I really feel for you. I have to kids and they are the biggest worry In the world. I think they are wrong to tell you that before they have results!! His 5 now so surely you would have seen other symptoms by now if it was something serious. Also if the ECG wasn't good I don't think they would have let him go. Try to relax. It's so natural for us mums to worry!!  Honestly even when my kids just Have a cold I literally worry my self sick!!! X
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 07:57:18 AM »
While its perfectly natural to be afraid and concerned, right now you need to be calm for your son.  His mother constantly crying over his health isn't good for him.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »
As a mother, I feel your pain. I think it's kind of unprofessional to just say this is what is going on without getting results back from the proper tests first. I do believe he would have shown other symptoms if he had heart issues. Maybe the dentist gave him too much laughing gas and that's why his oxygen levels went down? Please know you and your son will be in my prayers. You'll have positive results back in no time.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline sad_dad

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:59:07 PM »
Anesthesia can be an issue at any time, especially for young ones. My daughter is 6 and supposed to go see an ENT about her super large tonsils this week. She gets a lot of sore throat issues, and inflamed/enlarged tonsils. But I am very concerned they will want to take them out, and I don't like the idea of her going under anesthesia. I had 2 major surgeries as a child under 10 back in the 70's, and did come out OK, so there is that, but being HA, I tend to also transfer my worries to my daughter's health, and she's my only child.

I feel for you tymommy, and hope everything will be OK. There is truly nothing worse than fear and worrying over your child.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: