Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant Brain Fog. How can I fix it?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 88
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant Brain Fog. How can I fix it?
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 08:26:11 AM »
In my view you need not have a spiritual intent, nor do I pass any judgment on how it is done other than to sit quietly, focus on breathing or anything that you think may help you. A mantra, for example. Wish I could recommend a definitive book. Have a number of books that speak to it or include sections about it. What served me best was to just go ahead and meditate. Keep reading about it.

Believe it requires a leap of faith. I fervently believe in its healing powers that accrue with time, patience, and persistence. Do not pretend to be any authority.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danimal_44

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »
Try the book "Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom," by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, a Tibetan monk. That guy gives a great explanation of meditation, including how to perform it. As a bonus, he talks about dealing with anxiety throughout his early life and how meditation helped.
Bookmark and Share
Stop fighting and start relaxing.

Offline ChimpMelons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
Thanks for the advice or recommendation. I can't think of the word I would want to use but thanks Danimal_44. I also wanted to ask if anybody had any success with supplements such as Niacin. Currently I have been taking 1,000 Milligrams of Niacin a day, 500 in the morning roughly and 500 in the evening for 2 days now. I have the Niacin that flushes your body red. I heard that Niacin is supposed to help stimulate capillary growth. Plus are bodies need Niacin, for energy production I believe but otherwise I don't know what else it does. I will study it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danimal_44

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 08:56:05 PM »
I have not taken niacin. I heard that it was good in a documentary once. Forget which one. I think cashews have niacin in them too.

There is a "B-Vitamin Stress Complex" that might help. It has Vitamin C and Zinc in it I think. It's supposed to help with energy production as well. Just Google it to see it.

I feel like there was something else I was going to say but it must have slipped my mind. Peace.

Bookmark and Share
Stop fighting and start relaxing.

Tags: books meditation