Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Upper left back pain... starting to panic  (Read 241 times)

Offline shuttterbug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Upper left back pain... starting to panic
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:29:50 PM »
Hi everyone! I hope someone maybe has had similar symptoms. I have had a dull ache that comes in goes in my upper left back. I am 29, female and don't have any other symptoms. It started about 3 months ago.. but went away for a little bit. Now it's back and it scares me. Because I freak out and assume worse case scenarios, I get really freaked out about the possibilities. I'm thinking about seeing a doctor to assess it. But that thought scares me too. Anyone maybe have any insight or helpful words for me as to what this could possibly be before I assume its the worst?? Thanks so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Upper left back pain... starting to panic
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:38:36 PM »
There's a million things it could be from ulnar and median nerve compression to muscle pain, tendonitis, etc. Back pain is extremely common and if it's just a dull lingering pain that comes and goes it's extremely unlikely to be anything but simple inflammation. Take 1 advil and see if that helps.

This is nothing to panic about or assume worst case scenarios over. Like I said, back pain is common, period.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shuttterbug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Upper left back pain... starting to panic
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »
Thank you. My brain goes on overdrive with possibilities. My dad died from lymphoma 4 years ago and it drove my HA skyhigh to say the least. I need to be grounded when these thoughts become overwhelming. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: