Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Been going on for a long time -  (Read 311 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Been going on for a long time -
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »
I wasn't going to post about it here, because I thought if I ignored it it would go away but it hasn't. I have this clicking in my right ear, it's muffled but I can physically feel it. It usually happens when I sit a certain way or move in a certain way I hear/feel it. I thought/think it's a joint or ear problem. Rarely it happens in my left ear just not to the same degree. Also along with the clicking if I smile or laugh sometimes the sound "goes out" in that ear too. Again, it's hard to explain the sensation, that also happens after I've exercised too - the sound kinda goes out. I don't want to google it but I'm wondering if this is something that sounds familiar to any of you. Please try to be sensitive with your response as I'm extremely fragile and will break down if I get any harsh answers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nobody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Shameless now nameless now nothing now no one now
    • Poke This Member
Re: Been going on for a long time -
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »
I've had that happen to me too, I remember whenever I did any sort of movement there would be constant clicking in my right ear that just wouldn't go away. I never did figure out what it was, but it did go away by itself after 2 weeks. However, right before it went away I had an intense throbbing in that side of my head, I could literally feel my veins widen & blood being pumped through them, it started when I was trying to go to sleep, I thought it would go away in the morning, but it didn't. I panicked & went to the emergency room & I think by pure placebo of being in a safe place where any problems I could have would be taken care of by professionals, it went away by itself. The doctors checked me & didn't find anything, I explained them about my anxiety & they sent me to see a psychologist. I'm not big into pills & she agreed with me & sent me home after having me take some tests.

I think that the throbbing might've been just induced by me obsessing about the weird ticking & had nothing to do with it at all, however, after that episode, I've had no reoccurrences of said ticking, it was more than a year ago that it happened.
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:42:04 PM »
It's actually possible for physical TMJ issues to manifest in similar ways - but they would usually be accompanied by other jaw symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:20 PM »
I do suffer from TMJ, and I was trying to associate this with that in my brain. Which it could be, however I've never experience this before with my TMJ. It's been going since mid-December.
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 11:41:33 PM »
If you already suffer from TMJ then that's a possible correlating factor. TMJ *can* cause temporary hearing loss.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:21:38 PM »
I notice it sometimes happens in my left ear too, sometimes it happens when I'm sitting still. I just don't understand, really hoping someone may have some similar experience with this issue?  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jen0721

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »
I can relate.  I have had the clicking since early November.  Mine is at the very top of the spine and I hear it loud and clear every time I turn my head to the left.  I have had X-rays and it turns out my neck is s-shaped rather than c-shaped.  And...apparently that happens when your muscles tense up a lot over time from anxiety, poor posture, and/or trauma (eg car accidents), and the same can happen to your jaw from clenching.  I am in physical therapy, and today, they told me  to start putting my toungue at the roof of my mouth every so often throughout the day to stop clenching.  The doc said that overtime the stress in the jaw will release, and he's not sure if the neck will ever go back to 100%.  Hope this  somehow helps. Best of luck :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »
Thank you for that! Glad to know I'm not alone. The times I notice it most are when I'm standing at the stove with my arms a certain way like cutting something it clicks as I move, and every night after dinner. Maybe chewing? Right now it's in the left ear. I don't want to google it because I'm worried it could be MS or something. Sorry for my slow responses.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jen0721

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 07:32:58 PM »
I can tell you, I have googled it, and it's not an MS symptom.  I'd mention it to your doctor, but from what I have googled and been told, it's really common, often stress related, and generally a minor issue.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 12:26:55 AM »
Thank you so much for telling me that! That helps me so much. Seriously appreciated  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: