Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: does being sick increase your heart rate?  (Read 294 times)

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
does being sick increase your heart rate?
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:15:33 PM »
Since about noon I have been feeling sick. Well actually I guess it first started last night when I started feeling weird in my throat. Since   noon I have been really hot temperature wise. Also very achy, and a headache. I have been laying down all day and I have had no appetite. I feel all sick and weak. I also am very anxious because my heart has been faster and harder. I just took some ibuprofen and I feel a bit cooler and better. I am also eating some toast and water . Does this seem normal for being sick? I never used to worry about this but now with my anxiety, it worries me. I also haven't been nauseaus yet. Just achy and fevery. Maybe its a flu or something. all I know is my  heart worries me. That isn't new of course, though.
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: does being sick increase your heart rate?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:06:22 AM »
Its perfectly natural.

Even if you don't feel like eating, get some lean protein into you and make sure you drink plenty of fluids.  The lack of both alone - never mind combined with a cold - will send your heart rate up. 

You will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SillySalmons

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:39:31 AM »
Absolutely normal. Accelerated heart rate is very common with fever. The last time I got really sick, my heart was racing at around 120 with palps through the duration of the fever. I was totally fine, though, and I worried for nothing. Get some rest and hope you feel better soon. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »
Completely normal. My 13 month old daughter was sick with a high fever of 104 a couple of weeks ago and I took her to urgent care. At urgent care, they took her pulse and oxygen levels. Pulse was 189!!! It set off all kinds of alarms!!! I was worried and the doctor told me that it's completely normal with a fever for your heart rate to go up - and children's heart rates are already higher then ours. Not to worry!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rose~

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 10:46:34 PM »
Whew, thank you for all of your answers! I feel much better about it now and am trying not to worry, mostly just distracting myself to stop from thinking about it since it is not a reason to worry. All of your answers assured me I was fine :) to the last Answerer, that sounds really scary indeed!  B-;

Everything went well this afternoon after reading your replies, until the flutters started. Just as I got over the fast heart rate, the flutters started. What I mean by that is a lot of the times when I get sick, I get these flutter like sensations in my chest and arms. It feels like my chest is fluttering (not like a palpitation this is different) and at the same time the flutter goes throughout my arms and neck . Sometimes I feel it more on one side than the other. It feels like maybe it comes from my heart, but I don't know. Maybe it's something else. I remember getting them at 8 or 9 when sick with a cold or flu. I tried to describe it to my mom, but she had no idea what I was talking about. I really don't know how to describe it other than a flutter, it only happens when I move (even in the slightest, like turning my head. Doesn't happen  as much if I'm pretty still. Sometimesbit doesnt even happen when i move. Anyway , I wonder what this is and hope it's not  bad. If anyone else has had this or has it when sick, I'd like to hear from you. It's something I've pretty much always had when sick, but never really given it thought before .
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Tags: