Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Face your fear  (Read 751 times)

Offline abdul

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Face your fear
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:26:53 PM »
Hello:

I have been dealing with anxiety, PTSD; and depression for three years now. I remember frequent visit to the ER, feared living the house even feared being home alone. I couldn't go to areas people would be. You name it I been through it. Once I found this site read some of the post and started live chat daily. My life began heading to recovery. One day at a time facing every fear will make you stronger.
Bookmark and Share

Offline waoldb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Face your fear
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:58:41 AM »
Hey, so glad to hear your story. Great advice. Keep at it.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Face your fear
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 09:20:39 AM »
Hello:

I have been dealing with anxiety, PTSD; and depression for three years now. I remember frequent visit to the ER, feared living the house even feared being home alone. I couldn't go to areas people would be. You name it I been through it. Once I found this site read some of the post and started live chat daily. My life began heading to recovery. One day at a time facing every fear will make you stronger.

Well said.  This is especially true of those who face anxiety caused physical symptoms.  It takes extreme courage and facing your fears to rid the physical symptoms, and it takes time.   It is simple, but very hard.

I would encourage people here to read the works of Abraham Low MD and maybe participate in Recovery International.  Low's books on anxiety or "nervous" illness, as he called it then, may not seem to apply to those really in the depths of a serious anxiety illness, because the case studies seem to be about trivial things, but it is our daily temperament that leads to anxiety illness, and it is our daily temperament that can finally cure the anxiety illness.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: