Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: MAJOR anxiety episode..please help...=***(  (Read 283 times)

Offline pichu987

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
MAJOR anxiety episode..please help...=***(
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:23:41 PM »
Hello everyone..i am so greatful that i found this message board...i am 28 years old and suffering SOOO bad right now from anxiety...my anxiety is always on and off..but every once in a few years i go through these severe bad "episodes" where i can't calm down at ALL...and i can't eat or sleep and obsess SOO bad over it. This episode was triggered by me getting sick with the flu...along with sooo much stress im going through... Right now what i am going through is..no matter how hard i try i can NOT sleep and its freaking me out soo soo sooo sooo bad!!! its been 3 days now and no sleep...like i will litterly lay there and i will become so anxiouse and restless...ill start having attacks as i am laying there..its sooo horrible...i feel like i am dying right now...and then i will get these adreline rushes that go through my body as i am trying to fall asleep and of course that jolts me right up...i don't know what to do..i don't know where to turn...no i am not on any meds ...i am terrified of them and i also don't have health insurance at the moment but i am willing to give it a shot,,cause this is unbearable!! and i can't stop obsessing over not sleeping.  Like my entire day is a struggle to get through..i feel sooo light headed and out of it...dry mouth...god im so scared right now...im even willing to talk to someone over text/phone if needed. thanks everyone for hearing me out..im so scared...please let there be a way out and please let me return to myself again...
Bookmark and Share

Offline tamsankaur

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MAJOR anxiety episode..please help...=***(
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:05:38 AM »
The first thing that you should do is relax. I have had times where I cannot seem to fall asleep and that is because my thoughts are keeping me from sleeping. There is something, other than the fact that you cannot sleep that is bugging you. I find that I don't really know what it is that is bothering me until I tell someone exactly how I feel and slowly whatever is stuck in the back of my head, that I do not know at a conscious level, will come out. So the second thing that you should do is, talk to someone so you can vent. It is so important to talk to someone because it makes you feel 10 times better because you feel like you have support that can help you get over whatever issue you have. It also makes you feel a lot less alone and a lot less scared. If you don't feel like sharing it with someone, you can write it out. Once you address your problems they somehow manage to reduce and feel less scary.

Also, try not to focus on the fact that you haven't been able to sleep. I know what I am saying is easier said than done. But just try to focus on something else. If you don't feel sleepy, don't try to lay in bed and wait for sleep to come. Watch some television, or sit on your computer and watch YouTube videos, or maybe even read a book. When I am not sleepy and I keep waiting for myself to fall asleep, I end up staying awake for a long time. However, if I just let myself relax, stop thinking about how I cannot fall asleep, and start to watch something or do something else, I end up feeling sleepy and eventually can go to sleep.

If you still cannot fall asleep, it is okay! Do not worry. Just relax. Do not panic or become more anxious because that will not help you. Maybe visiting a doctor at that point will be a good idea. But if that is not something you want to do, you can always try sleep aid, which you can find at any pharmacy or stores like Target, Walmart and etc. Usually, if all else fails, I end up taking a little bit of Xanax as a final resort because at that point I know that my thoughts are beyond my control and I am going to need a little bit of help to calm me down and keep all the negative thoughts away. I usually try my best not to do so, but that's just because I am stuck on not taking any medication even though, I know I need to. So if you need to take medicine just take it. It's not worth the suffering. I am learning that slowly as well. I hope this helps you!

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sba83

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:25:53 AM »
Hey i've been there.  What I learned is if you cant sleep you have to get out of bed, tossing and turning just feeds the anxiety.  Sit down on the sofa, read a book or listen to some relaxing music with the fan on.  Its easier to fall asleep in cool surroundings. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline pichu987

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »
i do vent to people about my issues and it does help to an extent...i just feel constantly scared and on edge...like i can't relax at all..,its like im in a high anxiety mode..cause before i went into this episode i was fine!  i was able to relax...do anything...but now its like the smallest thing i do i feel this anxiety go all through out my body and i panic..its horrible..i don't even know how to explain it..its like this horrible adreline rush that keeps going all throughout my body...i just really need this to pass so bad...=**(  i haven't been like this in years...its like every few years ill go into these episodes where i can relax no matter WHAT and everything is setting me off and getting me feeling like im going crazy..its horrible...please let this pass soon =**(
Bookmark and Share

Offline generalanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »
This same thing happened to me. I think the trigger was a few things but the main thing was Christmas. I didnt get hardly any sleep for at least 2 days. Anyway I told my parents about the extreme stress etc and then went to the doctor. Been able to tell family was hard but had to be done. After this and going to the doctor who subscribed me Mirtazapine it helped a lot. I've only today just started to take the Mirtazapine, as I wanted to drink over Christmas, and wanted to start off the new year on them etc. I cant tell you about the meds yet as literally had them 1 hour ago! But they might help you so why not go to the doctor and explain? It takes a lot of courage, but in the end it's worth it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiety sleep