Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OMG someone please help..severe severe severe sleep anixiety....  (Read 640 times)

Offline pichu987

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone..i am so greatful that i found this message board...i am 28 years old and suffering SOOO bad right now from anxiety...my anxiety is always on and off..but every once in a few years i go through these severe bad "episodes" where i can't calm down at ALL...and i can't eat or sleep and obsess SOO bad over it. This episode was triggered by me getting sick with the flu...along with sooo much stress im going through... Right now what i am going through is..no matter how hard i try i can NOT sleep and its freaking me out soo soo sooo sooo bad!!! its been 3 days now and no sleep...like i will litterly lay there and i will become so anxiouse and restless...ill start having attacks as i am laying there..its sooo horrible...i feel like i am dying right now...and then i will get these adreline rushes that go through my body as i am trying to fall asleep and of course that jolts me right up...i don't know what to do..i don't know where to turn...no i am not on any meds ...i am terrified of them and i also don't have health insurance at the moment but i am willing to give it a shot,,cause this is unbearable!! and i can't stop obsessing over not sleeping.  Like my entire day is a struggle to get through..i feel sooo light headed and out of it...dry mouth...god im so scared right now...im even willing to talk to someone over text/phone if needed. thanks everyone for hearing me out..im so scared...please let there be a way out and please let me return to myself again...
Bookmark and Share

Offline nobody

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Shameless now nameless now nothing now no one now
    • Poke This Member
Re: OMG someone please help..severe severe severe sleep anixiety....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:09:08 PM »
I've had that same thing happen to me this year, where I would just try falling asleep & have all these sensations that would keep me getting up frequently to check that I'm ok, I got over it by rationalizing it like this:"I've been feeling these terrible sensations for more than a day now, yet I still haven't died, so I rather just ignore them as they aren't harmful & focus on getting asleep" While that mindset didn't take all the anxiety away, it did eventually allow me to fall asleep, after having lied in bed for more than 8 hours, when I woke up I was feeling ok. Though the next night the same thing happen, it repeated for about 2 weeks until that mindset that I gave myself sunk into the brain through repetition & allowed me to not pay any attention to whatever keeps me from falling asleep.

I would suggest however, if you still can't fall asleep, simply going to emergency, I know from experience that the instant you get taken in, all of your stress will disappear, because of the security of being with people that know what's wrong with you & it's really comforting since you can be reassured that you won't die in the hospital.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pichu987

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 09:59:59 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply...yeah im still feeling so funny and so out of it...dry mouth...very light headed...just scared to lay down cause i know how i get...i really hope this passes soon..i do feel so alone on this one...its scary...i feel like im gonna die...how in the world did i get so obsessed with the idea of falling asleep..to the point where when i lay down i go right into an anxiety attack? so scary...

as far as the emergency room..i never went that far...i mean..doctors scare me soo soo much...do people go in often for anxiety and that they can't sleep?  ive never heard of that...i think they will look at me like im insane
Bookmark and Share

Offline nobody

Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
I think that's nonsense, doctors have a job to do & it doesn't matter whether it's treating physical or mental illnesses, their responsibility is to keep you feeling well. And sleep is probably the most important thing your body needs, so if they won't help you with your anxiety, they will definitely try & help you restore your sleep cycle. They might just prescribe you with strong sleep meds, or they could take you in for a day or 2, so you can be calm & get some sleep while they monitor you.

What I've found from my experience, is that going to the emergency makes me anxious & scared, but once I get in, I feel immediately relieved & safe. 2 years ago I had a surgery for the first time of my life, which made me stay at a hospital for 2 weeks. And during those 2 weeks, I had absolutely no anxiety, I could easily talk to people & I wouldn't get nervous about anything, I even stopped smoking because I had no craving to do so. It was an experience that taught me what empathy really is, everyone was really kind to me & the doctors, despite having so much work & being so busy, were extremely nice to me, even though they didn't have to be, it was a huge breakthrough for me & I still haven't figured out how during that time, all the anxiety was taken away from me, despite having physical pain & limited mobility, I felt more free than I ever have in my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pichu987

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 11:21:18 PM »
that helps to know...i have gone to the ER with a friend before for an astma attack and we had to wait at least 4 hours to get in...it was a loooong night..i think thats why im hesistant to go.  Also in the day time..should i just go to a regular doctor and let them know that i am having trouble relaxing and falling asleep?  i feel like such a mental case :(  Just seeing other people post does make me feel better to know i am not alone in this one...
Bookmark and Share

Offline nobody

Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:16:11 AM »
Every human being is a mental case in one way or another, I personally wouldn't want it any other way.
If you can see a doctor without having to make an appointment (or making one, as long as you don't have to wait that long), that could be beneficial for you, ER is just something you should do if you just can't wait & really need it settled asap. And yeah, the waiting times are pretty harsh, I remember going in 1 time at 5 pm & only getting someone to see me at 3am, I almost missed it when they called my name, cause I ended up falling asleep on the chairs in the waiting room.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiety sleep