Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: tingling  (Read 149 times)

Offline Worriedmomupnorth

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
tingling
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »
I've been having some discomfort in my left ribs off and on for a couple of months.  Not severe pain but enough to make me crazy with worry as the days have passed.  Saw GP and had chest  xray when it started....nothing found. This all escalated and especially over the last two weeks when I was sure I had various abdominal cancers.  Back to the doctor with stomach and back pain who says possibly gastritis or ulcer....gave omeprazole and ativan to calm me down.  Fears continued to escalate and symptoms snowballed....Back to the doc, sure I had pancreatic cancer, even though the odds of a 38 year old woman having it are small.  Doc ordered labs and Ct with contrast. Ct results showed nothing.  Potassium was slightly low (3.3) and had ketones in urine.  He wasn't concerned since I hadn't been eating well and was losing weight, suspected bc of anxiety. 

Then, over the next two days, I started having tingling in my hands, arms, feet, back (not just left side).  Of course, now I've self diagnosed with MS.  I go back to the doctor next week to check in and see what to do about my anxiety.

Any thoughts or reassuring words?
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: tingling
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:10:04 AM »
It sounds to me like you are on the anxiety roller coaster and the only way to get off is for one, not keep running to the doctors for every symptom.  What this does is gives you temporary reassurance, but it soon wears off and then you need another hit of reassurance to keep sane.  What we, HA people need to do is to figure out how to reassure ourselves.  Tingling in feet and hands can definitely be a result of anxiety and worry.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to start dealing with your anxiety.  Maybe pick up a self help books, take up yoga, meditate, deep breath.  There are many things you can do.  You'll see on this site you are not alone, but you can learn to deal with your anxiety.

Hope you feel well soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worriedmomupnorth

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: tingling
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »
Thank you for the helpful words.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: