Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help me! Possible food poisoning?  (Read 138 times)

Offline sparkle

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help me! Possible food poisoning?
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:16:38 PM »
So I went to Whole Foods today and got some of their delicious chicken wings from their hot buffet. As I was finishing them up, I notice one of the wings had really bad blood on the bone. I'm not sure if I digested this through the meat... probably so... And then another wing had blood on the bone as well! And I'm sure it was also on the meat. Am I gonna get food poisoning now??? I asked my dad (even showed him the bones) and he said he doubted it. But I asked my boyfriend who was in culinary school at one point and he said he honestly had no idea... he was no help! Of course I began to google this like mad. It wasn't that much blood, if I digested any, but still.... one of the chicken wing bones was really red  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help me! Possible food poisoning?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
I've been there before with chicken, Sparkle. As a matter of fact, it happened from wings that I ate from my local WF's as well. I didn't get sick. However, I did lose my appetite. Ugh!
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline sparkle

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »
Thanks! I hope I don't get sick... I think I am MAKING myself sick, just thinking and thinking about it.  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
The human body is pretty resilient but us HA people tend to think otherwise. haha. My husband attended culinary school when he was younger and has said that as long as the meat is cooked up to the proper temp, you will be ok. Despite the bits and bobbins you may find inside.  :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: food poisoning