Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this Anxiety? Please help?  (Read 153 times)

Offline tamsankaur

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this Anxiety? Please help?
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:06:15 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and I would really love your help!

My anxiety started a couple of months ago. When I was really little my aunt got breast cancer and I use to search up a lot of things for her to give her hope and in the process read too much about breast cancer. I was 11 at the time. Since then I was always scared of getting the same disease and was super cautious with any changes. One time I got so scared when my arm was hurting and was convinced I had the same thing. I was super scared but didn't tell anyone for a month. I was 18 at the time. Soon after I told my mom who then told me I was being crazy and I dismissed my fear. The month that I had all this and was scared I couldn't breathe properly and had heartburns. But soon after talking to my m
I got over it. But that was the worst experience of my life so I was always so scared that it would happen again. I would always pray that it would never happen while continuing my life of being happy. It still however deeply affected me. I was so scared of the experience, however, I wasn't always thinking about it. Just at night before going to sleep I would pray that it never happen again.

After a couple months, things were getting stressful and one night I couldn't sleep and I felt like I couldn't breathe and got super scared that I was reliving the same experience. I don't know how I managed to fall asleep that night but I did and woke up the next day not remembering a thing/it didn't affect me. However during the night time after that day I would always get a weird feeling on the pit of my stomach and feel scared. Later on I started to really get scared of the feeling and started to get panic attacks. I went to the doctor who told me I as anxiety. I later went to a psychologist who told me I had very little anxiety and nothing else. She then went out of town and I began to recover little by little. I didn't feel scared at night anymore but I still felt very scared at times. I wasn't feeling the same feelings or getting panic attacks but when I was trying to be normal flashbacks of me with panic attacks and anxiety would reappear. I would constantly be scared to get anxious again and still am. I am not sure if this is anxiety or these feelings of fear I get are panic attacks. All I know is I don't feel anxious but I feel very scared of getting anxious which really scares me and prevents me from
Moving on. Do I have anxiety or am I traumatized? PTSD? Please help? I am sorry if there are errors I am writing this on my phone. I just needed to ask this as soon as possible and couldn't wait 8 hours to get home and use a laptop to write this. I hope you understand and sorry for any spelling errors.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this Anxiety? Please help?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 06:42:29 PM »
Hi tamsankaur,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

tam, good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline tamsankaur

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this Anxiety? Please help?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:22:22 AM »
Thank you so much! It feels nice to know that everyone is so welcomed here and that I am not alone.

-Tamsan  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share