Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to this site  (Read 98 times)

Offline kevinlcrosier

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to this site
« on: January 11, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »
Hello,  :action-smiley-065:
I'm new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed with GAD approximately 3 years ago. Luckily, I am doing pretty well. As a medical professional, I'm amazed at the number of patients in my office that are struggling with anxiety and/or depression; many of whom don't even realize it.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

-Kevin
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to this site
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 04:00:43 PM »
Hi, Kevin, welcome to Anxiety Zone!  :action-smiley-065:

Nice to have you as member. This community is all about sharing experience and mutual support. AZ is divided into sections/ forums. Besides 'GAD forum' you might be interested in some others too, please feel free to post or start a new topic.
We have other features here too, like the Chat, which is open for members over age 18 or AZ Wire, a social network for our members.

I hope you find some good advice on here and reading you're also a a medical professional, your input will be of no doubt valuable and interesting.

Good luck on your journey! Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline mubski82

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:59:39 AM »
G'day.  I am new to this site and am wanting to introduce myself.  I am from the good ol' land down under and have been suffering a fear of having panic attacks for over 9years now. I have been diagnosed by my GP with Panic Disorder.  I am basically having a fear of doing many things that are something that should be enjoyed in life.  Things such as flying on a plane, catching a train, a boat a bus.  Lots of things.  I know that i am claustrophobic and i can understand that it is normal to feel like you cant escape or are not going to be able to breathe and i am wanting to see what other peoples opinions are, and whether this claustrophobia may be my underlying issue or whether it could be something else.  I used to travel lots and have worked overseas the last time was a winter season of 2003/04 but alas since then i have not travelled.  i have ryed a few things over the years but just cant bring myself to do anything worthwhile as i am to panicky or worried bout having a panic attack.

I am not sure where to start and how to go about using this forum, but would love to be able to talk to others in simliar circumstances or that can relate to myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:30:45 AM »
Helllo mubski82, greetings to you too!

'Introduce yourself' is a good forum for new members to start posting but you might get more feedback in content specific forums. As I've already explained to Kevin, Anxiety Zone is divided into different sections/ forums. Find the ones you like and feel free to post or start a new topic. Reading your post I'd recommend 'Specific phobias' or 'Panic disorder' forum but there are always interesting topics in other forums too.
You might also wanna use the search box and type in panic attacks. It should come up with many topics, many stories from people, who are struggling with similar issues.
Beside forums, you are welcome to join the Chat and Anxiety Zone wire, for example.

All the best to you, may you meet many nice people here!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: