Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: brain tumor anxiety is killing me please give me some help  (Read 627 times)

Offline samir4444

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
brain tumor anxiety is killing me please give me some help
« on: January 11, 2014, 12:51:54 PM »
ok my proplem is
twitching
it start 7 month ago with a sudden spasm in my right lip then after 1 or 2 months I don't remember I start to get
random body twitching in both sides
the body twitching (most of the time) comes as a single (one ) twitch in both body sides
also sometimes these body twitching can be Continuous in part of the body
also from 2 or 3 weeks I start to get eyelid twitching in my right eye

im afraid these symptom can be a brain tumor symptoms
as someone told me these are
sezuire symptoms
do you think these are sezuires?

also I want to tell that in 12/2010 I got a brain ct with and without contrast and it was negative
that scan was for other symptoms.
since I got that scan and since I start to get these twitching and spasm symptom it is
2 years and 6 months maybe
do you thing I got a brain tumor in that time?
I did not had a brain tumor in the past

im 28 years old im soo worry please help
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: brain tumor anxiety is killing me please give me some help
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:41:23 PM »
i'm sorry you're going through this, brain tumors are my biggest fear as well. but as for your twitching, it's a natural response to anxiety and a vast majority of the time is completely benign. muscle twitching can be caused by tension, and when we're anxious our bodies naturally become tense even if we don't notice it. the muscles of the face can stiffen up, causing the eye twitching that you described (which i get all the time as well!)

if you were having a seizure, it would be MUCH more noticeable than just some twitching. brain tumors aren't subtle, quiet things; they cause huge symptoms that can't be ignored, and the seizures that would come from a brain tumor would be unmistakable. also in the time that your twitches started, if you had a brain tumor it would have been giving you MANY more symptoms over the course of seven months, not just twitching here and there.

as for your ct scan, i highly doubt any tumor would grow in that amount of time since you got the scan. however i can relate to that sort of worry, and it's very typical of hypochondriacs to worry if a test was done "too early" to catch something like a tumor. it's a pattern of thinking that's extremely common with anxiety. but ct scan results are valid for a long time, and the probability of something growing in your brain later on that wasn't caught in a scan is very unlikely.

i hope that maybe i could be of some help to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:56:16 PM »
also I want to tell that in 12/2010 I got a brain ct with and without contrast and it was negative

You do not have a brain tumor and you have to trust the doctors. Second guessing the situation will not help. Most likely what you're suffering from is simply benign fasciculation syndrome - and even that may be a stretch.

Neurological symptoms do not typically present themselves as moving around various parts of the body, they tend to be dominant on a particular side and present repeatable symptoms. Most people with anxiety have suffered various twitching in the legs, buttocks, even eyelids, etc. This is anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline selfdiagnose

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 04:56:43 AM »
You aren't alone, Samir. Many of us (especially myself) are going through the same frightening period you now find yourself in. Find strength in that and know that we are here if you need support.
Bookmark and Share
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

Offline samir4444

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:32:12 PM »
thanks for everyone who answered me and gave me help
thanks
Bookmark and Share

Tags: