Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please read this I need advice im having an anxiety attack  (Read 303 times)

Offline lexie2006

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please read this I need advice im having an anxiety attack
« on: January 11, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
I dont know what. happened i woke up and took my gabapentin for anxiety and i was happy this morning at around 11 pm i read a thing about an esophagus disorder because everytime i eat bagels with cream cheese i have trouble swallowing and i was already scared because i have two medicines buspar and gabapentin so i looked them up cause their new tp me. well now I'm shaking anf restless all i want to do is cry stretch and i feel like I'm losing control and I'm in a fog and dazed but i am trying to talk myself down but my brain feels numb and tingly . what do i do
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teran

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please read this I need advice im having an anxiety attack
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »
First off I am definitely no expert on anxiety, but from personal experience I get the same way. I find that my anxiety causes me to feel like I am restless, nervous, hopeless, and gives me a feeling like I am losing all control. I find that the best way to calm down is some sort of exercise, or if it is very  extreme I take a Xanax.
Overall it sounds like anxiety doing it thing, and the best thing is to do whatever is best for you in calming down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:07:06 PM »
Okay . . . . here is how I see it . . . . everything was fine until you read about an esophagus disorder . . . you made a connection between it and the fact that you have trouble swallowing when you eat bagels with cream cheese so you made an association that triggered your reaction . . . and now the anxiety is overwhelming . . . .

Now, take some deep breaths and ask yourself . . . .first, if you have trouble swallowing bagels with cream cheese, you may have an issue associated with that event which you need to discover and resolve . . . it may also simply be that the dough in bagels can be difficult to swallow for some people . . . I have to slice the bagel in 3 thing slices and then toast them to be able to eat them . . . also, for some people cream cheese is difficult to swallow because of the texture . . . .all of this to say is that you have to root out the association . . .

With new meds, you should talk to a professional because the information on the web is very broad and, for the sake of liability, must include every reaction that has ever happened as a warning . . . this second event has now caused another layer of anxiety to wash over you . . .

Think back . . . you were happy when you work up . . . all of this happened because of the trigger (probably) between what you read and your issues with what you were eating and it caused your anxiety to create a cause-and-effect, albeit false, connection . . .

Are you seeing a counsellor? If so, it might be of benefit to pursue these issues with the counsellor . . . .remember: nothing was going on with you until these two coincidental events . . . . is there a reason why you read things about esophageal concerns or, for that matter, any other health issues that can trigger anxiety? The web is the worst place to go for people who suffer from anxiety (myself included) . . . . is there someone you can call to talk this out with so you get some objective perspective? Please let us know how you are managing, okay? We'll do our best to support you . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline lexie2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »
Thank u all I'm very grateful I'm still shaking but i called the pharmicist they said its a side effect it cpuld last 11 hours I'm sad so i don't like neurontin but has anyone tried buspar ur feedback is appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:46:38 PM »
You need to accept that everything is 100% anxiety. Even if you read something that talks about similar symptoms you're having - you must remember it doesn't matter because it's anxiety in your case. I don't think you accept that it is all anxiety related - but once you do you'll be on the road to getting over it.

Anxiety is basically a situation where a person's own fears are used against them if they allow it to. Use of breathing exercises to reduce the temporary anxiety and truly understanding the symptoms are not related to a real physical problem will greatly reduce the impact of anxious episodes. It is hard, but it's the only way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teran

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
I am actually ok buspar as of a few days ago, 10 mg 2x daily. So far it has done nothing with my anxiety, but the drug may take at least 14 days to work, and my dose is very low. The drug also carries the reputation of not working for many. I take it. Alongside. 100mg of zoloft generic brand .
Bookmark and Share

Offline lexie2006

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »
Thank u all for ur insight anxiety is so unpredictable and i been this way all day I'm so trapped in my own head i feel the symptoms which sucks cause everytime i eat my throat gets tight . but I'm going to try to breathe through since i have to it right messed up that this is where I'm at after all these years of fighting i can't accept uncomfortably I'm trying though thanks for the feedback
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »
When the tight throat feeling starts, simply tell yourself (convincingly, and believe it) "this is anxiety, this will not hurt me." Then do deep breathing in, hold for 4 seconds, breathe slowly out, repeat 10-20 times. Even if the tight throat feeling stays - just let it be there. The problem is you're focusing on it because you believe it's going to harm you when it isn't going to harm you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: