Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Citralopram and shakey hands??  (Read 67 times)

Offline Betty1979

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Citralopram and shakey hands??
« on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
Start 10mg 2 weeks before christmas, I've notice I get quite shakey hands a few times throughout the day. Not if I hold them out in front of me more if I'm holding something in my hands. I thought it started to ease up but I had my dose upped to 20mg a day and it seems to have got bad again. Is this to do with the mess or connected to something else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Citralopram and shakey hands??
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:34:32 PM »
I've been dealing with this for months now and it's driving me nuts!!! I have had tremor before but when I went from 10 mg of celexa to 20 I started getting tremor in my hands and legs etc. pretty much all over starting about a week after upping the dose to 20. Constant, 24/7. Never stops. It started to ease up after 6 WEEKS of constant tremor. Then I decided I wanted to come off the stuff so I started lowering the dose slightly and then after 2 weeks of that I upped it again and I got the tremors back. I have them right now again and I'm lowering my dose again. I want to try to get to 10 again because I hate this stuff. 20 mgs makes me feel so apathetic and depressed and empty plus all the tremors are scaring me about neurological problems and damage. I saw a neurologist who wasn't concerned but man, even my psychiatrist acted like it was no big deal. When you're practically feeling like a jackhammer all day and night that's not nothing. Now my left hand is weaker than my right so I don't know what's going on.

When I grip something in my right hand I see a slight tremor that goes away and when I grip something in my left there's a much more pronounced tremor that also starts to get better, but I feel all over tremors and weirdness. It's like I had 8 cups of strong coffee all the time. I take xanax and it helps for a short time.

I read that this is a very common thing for SSRI's but I had tremor in 2005. I am trying to find ut if I was on Zoloft then because I did take that for about 6 months then and again for a year in 2010. I'd get tremor on and off for a few days or a week or two and it would go away. My mom also has a tremor her whole life on and off, bad nerves like me. I don't know if I'm predisposed to this and the SSRI's just exacerbate it or what.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Tags: